• Guest! Follow new job postings on Twitter and Facebook

Labcorp PC12 Captain

CaptainYoda

Labcorp is hiring PC12 Captains

Apply online:
jobs.labcorp.com

Job listing shows the required 2500TT and 250 TPIC.

Apply if you have 1500 and 250 complex time.

Starting pay is $65k (10% bump after the first year) and benefits.
The base is in KBUY (Burlington, NC) which is about 30 minutes from Raleigh, NC. and 30 minutes from Greensboro.

Details:
This is for a PC12 single pilot captain. There are no First Officers.
Fleet is all PC12 legacy using Garmin Avionics.
All flights are out and back with no hotel stays.
Most of the flying is at night.

We evaluate using a RedBird simulator. Be ready to fly approaches, missed, and holds.

Training at Labcorp is extensive. You will be sent to Flight Safety and given 100 hours of training in the airplane before being cut loose to fly on your own. Increased minimums will apply for 50 hours after that and yearly re-currency at Flight Safety.

Part of the reason that I'm posting this is the lack of recent information about Labcorp on any forums.

Full disclosure: I am presently employed at Labcorp.

jspeed87

Labcorp is hiring PC12 Captains

Apply online:
jobs.labcorp.com

Job listing shows the required 2500TT and 250 TPIC.

Apply if you have 1500 and 250 complex time.

Starting pay is $65k (10% bump after the first year) and benefits.
The base is in KBUY (Burlington, NC) which is about 30 minutes from Raleigh, NC. and 30 minutes from Greensboro.

Details:
This is for a PC12 single pilot captain. There are no First Officers.
Fleet is all PC12 legacy using Garmin Avionics.
All flights are out and back with no hotel stays.
Most of the flying is at night.

We evaluate using a RedBird simulator. Be ready to fly approaches, missed, and holds.

Training at Labcorp is extensive. You will be sent to Flight Safety and given 100 hours of training in the airplane before being cut loose to fly on your own. Increased minimums will apply for 50 hours after that and yearly re-currency at Flight Safety.

Part of the reason that I'm posting this is the lack of recent information about Labcorp on any forums.

Full disclosure: I am presently employed at Labcorp.
Are the runs similar to quest in that it's multiple legs per night or is it just out and back? I'm just approaching 135 minimums but always been curious since I don't see much info on Labcorp.

CaptainYoda

Does LabCorp allow their pilots to work contract flying when not on schedule?
I'll get back to you on this, not sure.

Additional information:

We are a part 91 operation.
We have flight following.

The safety culture is solid, meaning no flying below minimums, no flying into freezing rain, and no unnecessary risks or breaking regs.
If it's unsafe, don't go. If the weather is below mins, divert.

The maintenance is excellent. I say this as an A&P mechanic and I feel safe flying these aircraft.

Airplanes are getting upgraded to G600's so glass cockpit experience is a plus.

HuntFlyer

Hi CaptainYoda - Thanks for posting this. Asking due to family considerations, but can you give an average of working hours, ie, is the flying normally 8PM - 1AM? Later? Earlier? I know I'm asking for a generalized answer, so understood there will be a lot of variability.

CaptainYoda

Hi CaptainYoda - Thanks for posting this. Asking due to family considerations, but can you give an average of working hours, ie, is the flying normally 8PM - 1AM? Later? Earlier? I know I'm asking for a generalized answer, so understood there will be a lot of variability.
Flights are generally divided between evening flights and early morning flights.

Evening flights start as early as 6pm to starting around midnight.

Early morning flights start around midnight to starting at 5am.

Pilots on evenings tend to stay on evenings.
Pilots on mornings tend to stay on mornings.

Hope that helps.

jspeed87

Are there any travel benefits for the Pilots? Like jumpseating, non-rev, airline miles etc..?

CaptainYoda

Are there any travel benefits for the Pilots? Like jumpseating, non-rev, airline miles etc..?
We're a 91 operation so we don't collaborate with airlines for jump seating. In short, no.

Again, we don't send you travelling often, mainly for annual recurrency.
You're welcome to keep any airline, rental car, and hotel points you get.

Remember, you're home, in YOUR bed every night. Not a lot of travel here.

jspeed87

We're a 91 operation so we don't collaborate with airlines for jump seating. In short, no.

Again, we don't send you travelling often, mainly for annual recurrency.
You're welcome to keep any airline, rental car, and hotel points you get.

Remember, you're home, in YOUR bed every night. Not a lot of travel here.
Sounds good. I was just curious as I use to non-rev for fun on my off days when I worked the ramp at an airline.

patthepilot

So the base is in Burlington? I'm 45 minutes down the road. How much flight time each night do you normally get? If you start at 6PM-you'd be out flying until what time, versus you start at 5AM and fly until what time? I've got 1900 TT but no turbine time-still apply? I've got ATP AMEL, plenty of complex IFR and PIC time.

CaptainYoda

So the base is in Burlington? I'm 45 minutes down the road. How much flight time each night do you normally get? If you start at 6PM-you'd be out flying until what time, versus you start at 5AM and fly until what time? I've got 1900 TT but no turbine time-still apply? I've got ATP AMEL, plenty of complex IFR and PIC time.
1. yes, the main base is in Burlington, NC (KBUY)
2. 45 minutes away is fine as long as you show up on time consistently.
3. Early evening flights complete my midnight. Late evening flights end by 2-4am
4. Morning flights end between 5-10am
5. Flights normally are from 1.8 to 5.8 hours per night.
6. Duty times will vary from 5 - 8 hours with only 1 run going to 9.5 hours (normally).
7. With your time, go ahead and apply.

A300Capt

Freight Dawg
Sounds like a good retirement job in a nice area. I might have to look into it in a couple years. I've got about 4000 turboprop time and a little bit of other flying gigs...

Cyper42

This looks like a nice gig I'll give it a shot. Just wondering if this is an opening for a single position or a pool for for a few spots/openings later down the line?

patthepilot

Hey Yoda,
I wasn't selected during the last round of pilot spots but see there is still a pilot opening listed in the website, but nothing about turbine minimums. Is this just an always open catch all? I've been building my turbine time slowly, hoping that'll help my chances next time. How many planes do they have? I thought I only saw one or two at the hangar the last time I flew by. When you're not flying, what do you normally do for the company? Any non flying duties.

CaptainYoda

Hey Yoda,
1. I wasn't selected during the last round of pilot spots but see there is still a pilot opening listed in the website, but nothing about turbine minimums. Is this just an always open catch all? I've been building my turbine time slowly, hoping that'll help my chances next time.
2. How many planes do they have? I thought I only saw one or two at the hangar the last time I flew by.
3. When you're not flying, what do you normally do for the company?
4. Any non flying duties.
Numbers added for organization:
1. Turbine helps, but we've hired guys with zero turbine time.
2. 8 planes, all PC-12 legacy.
3. Go home.
4. If you mean mopping or shining the CP's shoes, then no. We do have occasional training on safety, winter ops, etc. but that's usually on the computer and you should be able to complete it in short order.