Kinda windy in Panama City...

GypsyPilot

Dang. Yeah, that does look like Andrew/CAT5 damage. I was watching it Wed morning, and was pretty shocked by how fast this thing was moving and by how much it strengthened.

I went through a direct hit by a weak Cat 3 (Jeanne), and it was actually pretty scary compared to the Cat 2s I experienced previously. I can’t imagine a strong Cat 4/5.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Never spent much time at PAM other than passing through the base a few times. Not much there for we air-to-ground guys........:)

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Never spent much time at PAM other than passing through the base a few times. Not much there for we air-to-ground guys........:)
When I was there we’d get A10’s from Moody every couple of months. They’d do dry runs with CCT in Echo MOA. One time they used the MOA monitor freq as their air/ground freq so I got to listen in on all the talk between them and the CCT’s. It was pretty cool.

GypsyPilot

Up until recently I stayed in place for every storm, even for Hurricane Andrew, Jeanne, Frances, and Ivan. The last couple years I started evacuating, and don't regret it. Especially after something like this. Glad to hear your family is alright.

When I first moved to FL in 2004, I stayed for those as well. Being a Colorado guy, I thought it was pretty interesting to witness such crazy weather events. But the cleanup and no power for weeks on end really sucked. Even if you’re in a bullet proof place, it really sucks.