Kinda neat hi rez video of our fleet of fighter jets.

Flyinthrew

The F18's are easily the sexist. The AF dudes are afraid to go below the ridge lines.
Probably has to do with service specific training rules. The Marine Corps is allowed down to 300' AGL. The Navy is allowed down to 200' AGL. There are also currency requirements tied to those altitudes. I don't know what the AF trains at. With that said, one of those F16 wingmen looked awful timid.

Springer

There are also currency requirements tied to those altitudes. I don't know what the AF trains at. With that said, one of those F16 wingmen looked awful timid.
Back in the day, with completion of the step down program, we were cleared to 100'. 'Bout the only place you could do that though was at Red/Maple Flag.

Re wingman; tend to fly higher because you are taking your eyes off the rocks to look for lead.

Pilot Fighter

My buddy does some kind of training at Fallon in his T-33. He's put some photos on the Facespace of blasting down the same canyon. I'm guessing its the same program?
I researched the N-number.

This Fouga is owned by Swift Air International based in San Pedro. I'm not sure if they have any government contracts but it looks like they have a few Fouga's, a MiG-15, and a Paris Jet.

Hacker15e

Dunning–Kruger Observer
I suspect you had not entered high school when we were cleared. My first Red Flag was #3.
My wife used to be fond of gently ribbing me about having been quite a dork before I met her. Several years ago we met one of my HS friends and his wife for lunch, and at some point she said, "you guys were such geeks, I wouldn't have even talked to you when we were in high school."

I simply said, "yeah, but I get to f--k you now, so who is the loser?"

That topic has never come up in discussion again.

Springer

My wife used to be fond of gently ribbing me about having been quite a dork before I met her. Several years ago we met one of my HS friends and his wife for lunch, and at some point she said, "you guys were such geeks, I wouldn't have even talked to you when we were in high school."

I understand what you are implying. On another note, here's life in their eyes:

Dork (high school)-----------> Stud (USAF/Airline)-----------> Dork (retirement)

mrivc211

Considering how many losers are sitting on mom and dads couch in their 20's and 30's, I'd say our significant others won the lotto with us.