JS on international flight?

seagull22

you can usually jumpseat in the back on most carriers, Some cargo carriers allow you to jumpseat international (Polar I believe is one)

If you have any questions send me a PM

747Dispatcher

Most cargos will let you go on if you have the agreement, (Kalitta/Atlas/ etc )

United and Delta will let you ride in the back
AA is a tough one. Depends what you got with them

If you fly cargo on your way back, you dont pay taxes.

who'swho

Don't hesitate. Penetrate!
Most cargos will let you go on if you have the agreement, (Kalitta/Atlas/ etc )

United and Delta will let you ride in the back
AA is a tough one. Depends what you got with them

If you fly cargo on your way back, you dont pay taxes.
I've heard you can get out on AA if you fly on a domestic leg prior to the intl leg. Rumor only.

FlyingSioux1

I've heard you can get out on AA if you fly on a domestic leg prior to the intl leg. Rumor only.
Their system doesn't let you. It will show as Embargo'd when you try to list online if you are not with a carrier they allow to JS international.

N77022

Descending Via
Alaska, AmeriJet, Atlas/Polar (Not Southern), Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, JetBlue, Spirit, Southwest, United, UPS, and FedEx all have International jumpseat agreements with AA.

mrezee

Living the dream!
On pax aircraft you can only sit in the back unless it's your own metal. I did it once on Sun Country to PVR when they had 100 seats open and Delta had 5. Listed online, paid Mexico arrival taxes at the counter in MSP, filled out jumpseat form at the gate. Piece of cake. Another friend of mine did SFO-SYD on UA by just listing at the gate.

The bigger issue is if you're in an international outstation, will the contract ground staff know how to list you/check you in.

TN-DX

The bigger issue is if you're in an international outstation, will the contract ground staff know how to list you/check you in.
This is very true. I got stuck in Santiago, Chile due to the contract agents for UA and DL refusing to list me. I have used AA, DL and UA numerous times internationally out and back without issues with the exception of SCL. There shouldn’t be any departure fees leaving the U.S. but coming back you pay airport taxes. Examples AMS was $44, FRA, $101, CDG $77, CUN $51, LHR $160-ish (the highest I’ve seen so far).

mrezee

Living the dream!
This is very true. I got stuck in Santiago, Chile due to the contract agents for UA and DL refusing to list me. I have used AA, DL and UA numerous times internationally out and back without issues with the exception of SCL. There shouldn’t be any departure fees leaving the U.S. but coming back you pay airport taxes. Examples AMS was $44, FRA, $101, CDG $77, CUN $51, LHR $160-ish (the highest I’ve seen so far).
There aren't any taxes departing the US, but some int'l cities are starting to charge arrival taxes which are payable before you get on the plane in the US. CUN does and PVR just started doing it a year or two ago. Those are the taxes I paid at the counter for SY. If you try to make a nonrev listing for the same route on Delta, they will payroll deduct the tax. That's in addition to the standard Int'l-to-USA departure taxes.

Their system doesn't let you. It will show as Embargo'd when you try to list online if you are not with a carrier they allow to JS international.
This isn't always reliable. I know of at least one coworker that was able to list online for an international flight on AA. The gate agent couldn't check him in (system said no jumpseat agreement found) and he had to buy a last-minute ZED to get on the flight.

dispatchguy

Coming back from NRT on DL a few years ago was no problem (my last 747 leg), same with SYD-UA, HKG-UA x 2, MAD-AA. Just get there early as you might have to explain who/what you are. If flying AA, make sure you're prelisted (just wish I could prelist on UA too).

Mainline_or_bust

Airplanes fly on PFM, Change my mind
Alaska, AmeriJet, Atlas/Polar (Not Southern), Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, JetBlue, Spirit, Southwest, United, UPS, and FedEx all have International jumpseat agreements with AA.
I’m pretty sure FedEx and UPS don’t allow international jumpseaters unless you work for them.

womanpilot73

I had no significant issues on AA. I listed for the jumpseat on myidtravel for SDF-CLT-AUA-CLT-SDF. I was able to pay the return taxes in SDF and check bags all the way through both ways. The only issue I ran into was an internal coding problem AA is having, showing int’l jumpseaters as a limited jumpseater (LJ) in their system. Not a single gate agent knew what it was but worked around it and upgraded me to 1st class on 2 legs. After some investigation, it’s a known issue and being worked on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyingSioux1

I had no significant issues on AA. I listed for the jumpseat on myidtravel for SDF-CLT-AUA-CLT-SDF. I was able to pay the return taxes in SDF and check bags all the way through both ways. The only issue I ran into was an internal coding problem AA is having, showing int’l jumpseaters as a limited jumpseater (LJ) in their system. Not a single gate agent knew what it was but worked around it and upgraded me to 1st class on 2 legs. After some investigation, it’s a known issue and being worked on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is good to hear. I have had issues with them and myidtravel would not let me list no matter what I tried. Lucked out and was able to hop a DL flight to get back to the States. Hopefully they are able to get that fixed sooner than later.