JetBlue Founder's new Airline is Officially Breeze Airways

Autothrust Blue

"Blakeley's face was grave."
The rudder trim is pretty close to where it is on the 320, albeit a little “sidestepped”. As for the airleron, off the top of my head, I honestly don’t know where it is. Never touched it. Maybe we don’t even have it!?
Are we talking about the same airplane? Because they put the trim controls on the left side of the pedestal, as near as I can tell, along with putting the spoilers/speed brake/whatever they call it handle immediately adjacent to the flap handle - and nothing bad can come out of getting the incorrect lever with respect to those controls too.

Autothrust Blue

"Blakeley's face was grave."
That must be the sim. I’ve never seen the cockpit lit up that well...

But, at least I now know where the aileron trim is!
I had that "wow, that looks almost perfect, but I think you forgot copilots fly" feeling when I looked at the pedestal.

Toobdrvr

Estrellas Asesino
I had that "wow, that looks almost perfect, but I think you forgot copilots fly" feeling when I looked at the pedestal.

D8DAE983-7625-466D-B177-ED7BB27856A7.jpeg

I guess I fail to see the (big) difference. You (almost) never touch the trims in either.

Although I feel absolutely no need to defend “my”plane, I will say that everything you need to reach is right there. Especially considering you use the trackball for everything (otherwise, “you’re doing it wrong!”)...

But, “ZOMG!, those TOGA switches!!!”!!!

Skåning

Are we talking about the same airplane? Because they put the trim controls on the left side of the pedestal, as near as I can tell, along with putting the spoilers/speed brake/whatever they call it handle immediately adjacent to the flap handle - and nothing bad can come out of getting the incorrect lever with respect to those controls too.
No footrests or tray tables?!

Burrito

I'll ask the stupid questions
I love it as a pilot as the fewer airlines the less shell games where your seniority can be wiped out, but I'm not sure the flying public fares as well and I think the argument could be made that the airlines were headed to profitability chasing business models that ultimately did prove successful.

I'm really anxious for Breeze as a lot of now small airports that used to be much busier and have more direct options might get that with them as I hated seeing what happened with PIT as inevitable as it may have been due to 9/11, how they designed the airport and changing demographics. Hopefully there's even room for Midwest if theirs any truth to rumors, but I feel like the big three or four could just imitate their model, their flights and crush them if they choose as Delta is really taking the screws to Alaska at a loss to them they can spread out (or so it seems given the fares I and others at my company have paid) and my co-worker in ANC has had surprisingly cheap fares to the east coast and has beaten what my company pays for me from a few states away. Even Jetblue had to pull out of ANC this year due to profitability.
That right there had me saddened when UA, DL, and AA sort of 'became' these Big Three monstrosities, especially having grown up in Philadelphia and watching Wilmington, DE, and Allentown, PA just fade out of aviation existence unless you were learning to fly and using the field for towered pattern work on instruments. Skybus and Frontier both tried ILG and I don't think Frontier's there anymore in favor of just going to Philly International. For a time, Philly was US Airways and Baltimore would be the trip on Southwest. Sacrifice gas tanks and drive times for the $49 tickets. New Castle County hadn't seen real service since United pulled that ILG/RIC/IAD (ORD?) 737 service in the early 90s, among others.

Neeleman's certainly got that magic ability, as stated above, and I and a load of friends were definitely left wondering what'd be next once he left Jetblue to get Azul going. I'll be curious if patience will pay off, and this LOA for the A220s will work. 190/195s to fill the gap might do more harm than good, even if it's just subletting them up from another upstart like Azul for a few years. The 190s are workhorses, sure, but the things are getting tired.

Also -- Wasn't ANC just a seasonal stop for Jetblue? That's gotta be a BEAR if your network is so focused on NYC/BOS. Long Beach too, sure, but you're pretty much counting on 1-stop service. That city's a haul.

And to the point of Breeze and secondhand cities -- I think I saw Chicago/Gary in their list of hopefuls. LVI and Hartford Bradley were up there, but like. It's almost like you're trying to get the alternate airports in everyone(else's) OPSPECS some regularly scheduled 121 services, without that hassle of going hub hunting. Mesa-Gateway was up there too from memory. I'd be nervous to know how many JoeFlyer Citizens will even know about an airline starting service at the secondary or municipal fields. "Can I park my car there under $50/day?" Or is the question now, "Does Uber/Lyft know where that is?"

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
So is this still happening?
I actually think this creates a great opportunity for them, for the following reasons: 1) They're about flying to secondary markets - markets that lost a lot of point-to-point flying that probably isn't coming back, and; 2) they have the opportunity to create a brand entirely around touch-less travel - their technology based model was ripe for this.

Maybe they come back as "Febreeze"?

Bandit_Driver

Gold Member
It's a job and guys will need those right now. But get in and get out.
Non union
Lower Pay and benefits
Live in base
wait for changes to work rules, benefits, and policies to change via email

The flap handle and spoiler are a little close together for my personal liking. However, the move differently and are different shapes so I don't see it being a huge issue.

The tray tables though pull out from the side and are tiny. Airbus should make a mode for a traditional airbus tray table...

Last edited:

Toobdrvr

Estrellas Asesino
After flying the thing for over a year, I’ve never seen anyone have a problem with the flaps vs spoilers. I mean, yeah, they’re close together, but EVERYTHING is close together. The whole plane’s a Miata...

The tray table is garbage. Even The MadDog’s was better!

Cherokee_Cruiser

It's a job and guys will need those right now. But get in and get out.
Non union
Lower Pay and benefits
Live in base
wait for changes to work rules, benefits, and policies to change via email

The flap handle and spoiler are a little close together for my personal liking. However, the move differently and are different shapes so I don't see it being a huge issue.

The tray tables though pull out from the side and are tiny. Airbus should make a mode for a traditional airbus tray table...
Having worked for a 4.5 yr old non-union startup with lower pay/benefits, these airlines aren’t looking for those who just want to “get in, get out” and they do a pretty good job eliminating those types.

nibake

Powder hound
Having worked for a 4.5 yr old non-union startup with lower pay/benefits, these airlines aren’t looking for those who just want to “get in, get out” and they do a pretty good job eliminating those types.
<<Focus on getting in only until you get in and then go back to thinking about getting out around about the time you finish consolidation>>?