JetBlue Founder's new Airline is Officially Breeze Airways

srn121

Kinda interesting

That's what excites me about the airline. I think he's always been very customer and service oriented and there's nothing like good service. Though it does suck that the government allowed United, Delta and American to gobble up their biggest competitors and become massive as who knows what lengths they'll go to stop these guys from being successful.

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
I read Blue Streak about the start up of jetBlue and Neeleman and that dude definitely has the right tools for a successful airline start up. As his past history shows too. It will be interesting to see what their end goal is and who they want to compete with... or if they just get bought out...

Max Power

The whole thing with startups is that you don’t know. Gambling to be at the next JetBlue or Southwest and leave on top one day or will it be the next Skybus? You just don’t know and neither does management.

I want my next move to be my last, so I wouldn’t do it. But someone who’s younger could make out if it works and has enough time to regain their footing if it doesn’t.

Neelemen has a Midas touch for blue flavored airlines, so I wouldn’t count Breeze out.

SFLAX

How many guys at JB, pilot wise made executive type money from going there...and how many years has it taken JB to get close to industry standard on pay. It’s a good bet I’ll agree, but look at JB and say, this is what I might have vs. what the rest have now...

srn121

How many guys at JB, pilot wise made executive type money from going there...and how many years has it taken JB to get close to industry standard on pay. It’s a good bet I’ll agree, but look at JB and say, this is what I might have vs. what the rest have now...
It's always a gamble and the pilot market was brutal at times with furloughs and bankruptcies and hindsight is 20/20. Did anyone at Jetblue do that terribly compared to how things could have been? I'm probably ridiculous for thinking QoL is the most important measure especially with Aviation Induced Divorce syndrome, going by how much money you make doesn't do you much good when wife #2 and wife #3 run off with big chunks of it. I wish there was a metric for what airline was the most fun to work for and most family friendly and maybe there is and if so please tell me it.

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
It's always a gamble and the pilot market was brutal at times with furloughs and bankruptcies and hindsight is 20/20. Did anyone at Jetblue do that terribly compared to how things could have been? I'm probably ridiculous for thinking QoL is the most important measure especially with Aviation Induced Divorce syndrome, going by how much money you make doesn't do you much good when wife #2 and wife #3 run off with big chunks of it. I wish there was a metric for what airline was the most fun to work for and most family friendly and maybe there is and if so please tell me it.
A lot of it, is what you make of it and the choices you make once you’re there.

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
That's what excites me about the airline. I think he's always been very customer and service oriented and there's nothing like good service. Though it does suck that the government allowed United, Delta and American to gobble up their biggest competitors and become massive as who knows what lengths they'll go to stop these guys from being successful.
The gobbled up some competitors and finally were able to turn a profit after losing money for years (decades?).

srn121

The gobbled up some competitors and finally were able to turn a profit after losing money for years (decades?).
I love it as a pilot as the fewer airlines the less shell games where your seniority can be wiped out, but I'm not sure the flying public fares as well and I think the argument could be made that the airlines were headed to profitability chasing business models that ultimately did prove successful.

I'm really anxious for Breeze as a lot of now small airports that used to be much busier and have more direct options might get that with them as I hated seeing what happened with PIT as inevitable as it may have been due to 9/11, how they designed the airport and changing demographics. Hopefully there's even room for Midwest if theirs any truth to rumors, but I feel like the big three or four could just imitate their model, their flights and crush them if they choose as Delta is really taking the screws to Alaska at a loss to them they can spread out (or so it seems given the fares I and others at my company have paid) and my co-worker in ANC has had surprisingly cheap fares to the east coast and has beaten what my company pays for me from a few states away. Even Jetblue had to pull out of ANC this year due to profitability.

bafanguy

He's a salesman and selling his new airline, so so what if he exaggerates or puts his best foot forward as I expect that of all good CEOs and they could easily poach a ton of great pilots from the regionals by doing the not so often used, yet innovative approach of paying their pilots more and offering them better QoL and bases that may be much more appealing.
I didn't say Neeleman had exaggerated nor did I suggest he'd done anything wrong. I said he'd promised "innovative approaches to recruiting pilots"; that's a bold statement. I've yet to find anything innovative in the articles I've seen.

To my observation which will be incomplete because I don't see everything, Neeleman et al haven't produced any innovative approaches to recruiting pilots. There is a finite number of ways to get pilots in the USA and most have been used for ages and are common knowledge.

If you have knowledge from an unimpeachable source of his methods, proposed work rules and pay rates offering pilots "more", please share that with the class. Lots of people are interested in hearing facts.

"Neeleman promised 'innovative approaches' to recruiting pilots…"

Last edited:

azmedic

Prospective pilots will have to make TikTok videos as part of the interview process. That’s innovative right there I tell ya hwhat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Power

I had largely put this saga out of my mind until I found this Business Insider piece. It's pretty layman in its terms, but it tells the story well, once you get past the ads that pop up. You've been warned...

Toobdrvr

Estrellas Asesino
All you need to do to be assured of that fact is look at where they put the rudder/aileron trim controls.

...Or, you notice it says “C SERIES” on the floor right as you step onto (into?) the entryway. And it still says “CS-100” on the nose. But they did change the stickers on the Sim. Baby steps...

The rudder trim is pretty close to where it is on the 320, albeit a little “sidestepped”. As for the airleron, off the top of my head, I honestly don’t know where it is. Never touched it. Maybe we don’t even have it!?

All joking aside. Yes, it is definitely AINO, “Airbus in name, only” (shockingly close to the name of our #1 A220 pilot, coincidence?). I personally can’t wait to eventually end up back on my beloved “FIFI”, or one of her variants...