JetBlue Founder's new Airline is Officially Breeze Airways

Cherokee_Cruiser

A220 is a new fleet type anyway. Who’s gonna make up the initial Tiger team cadre at Moxy? May as well be guys flying the A320.

Moxy doesn’t fly until next year from what I’ve read. Anybody going there now is not flying, rather the pre-launch guys. Management type roles, etc.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
A220 is a new fleet type anyway. Who’s gonna make up the initial Tiger team cadre at Moxy? May as well be guys flying the A320.

Moxy doesn’t fly until next year from what I’ve read. Anybody going there now is not flying, rather the pre-launch guys. Management type roles, etc.
Guys quitting and going over there? Sure. It's a gamble but it may leapfrog them up on career projections.

Your CP approving an LOA for a guy to go work at a competitor while still hanging out on your seniority list? Not going to happen.

D

Deleted member 27505

Timely observation. Just gate returned and got shovelled out of the back of a CRJ because...wait for it...they FORGOT to do a security sweep. Like...how do you screw that one up?

I mean, it's Mesa, so...
While I doubt it, you might be surprised at the stuff that gets screwed up these days.

bafanguy

A few recent pilot-related comments from Neeleman re Breeze (Moxy). Still no specifics but rather hints without details. Neeleman has previously promised "innovative approaches" to recruiting pilots. So far, he's said nothing about pilot recruiting I find particularly innovative.

Not sure what that last statement means: "procedures" that attract pilots ?:

I asked you last time about the biggest concern you had with launching a new airline, you said it was addressing the pilot shortage. How do you solve this with Breeze?

We are hiring pilots and we are going to create a great bunch of work, so people are going to love flying for us.

It’s always going to be a battle, but we have our own unique plans to create our own pilots as well.

There’s a lot of pilots out there that are great but need to accumulate up to 1500 hours and we are going to help them do that.

You are going to raid the regional airlines out there for pilots and American Airlines, who is getting rid of its Embraer E190s?

A lot of the regional pilots already have the type rating on the airplane, we can create attractive schedules for their quality of life which is what they care about. After you get to captain and seniority, they will be able to go to the A220s.

We have a lot of attractive procedures that we believe will attract a lot of pilots.

srn121

A few recent pilot-related comments from Neeleman re Breeze (Moxy). Still no specifics but rather hints without details. Neeleman has previously promised "innovative approaches" to recruiting pilots. So far, he's said nothing about pilot recruiting I find particularly innovative.
He's a salesman and selling his new airline, so so what if he exaggerates or puts his best foot forward as I expect that of all good CEOs and they could easily poach a ton of great pilots from the regionals by doing the not so often used, yet innovative approach of paying their pilots more and offering them better QoL and bases that may be much more appealing.

There's one more airline out there offering travel to underserved regions and not necessarily in competition with many airlines already in existence so the competition for pilots will only increase and benefit us as pilots and the flying public.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Guys quitting and going over there? Sure. It's a gamble but it may leapfrog them up on career projections.

Your CP approving an LOA for a guy to go work at a competitor while still hanging out on your seniority list? Not going to happen.
It's happened before from what I've heard, personal LOA granted and people have pursued other opportunities.

Is Alaska thaaaaaaaaaaaat bad? Sure they don't have a scope clause. But hopefully they get that fixed in their next contract. But if a guy is low key bragging that he made $315k on rsv, that's not bad at all. Especially for anyone that needs validation from others based on their annual income.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Is Alaska thaaaaaaaaaaaat bad? Sure they don't have a scope clause. But hopefully they get that fixed in their next contract. But if a guy is low key bragging that he made $315k on rsv, that's not bad at all. Especially for anyone that needs validation from others based on their annual income.
Honest question: What does need validation mean? As in, you or the JC community approve of this company? Or approve of my job title? What would I care what you or anyone (or even me) think or care about AS? I don’t get it. Acquired, not hired. So I never had a thing for where I work. Whereas some people take it super personal anytime you speak in a negative way about their company. Especially one that starts with a D, ends in A, and has an elt in the middle.

But to answer your question, no it’s not bad at Alaska. Most of the FOs leaving have been here under 5 years and would have left Alaska regardless of how good it was because they have a long time left and want to pursue the big 3 and do wide body flying eventually.

srn121

I flew on Alaska this summer in Alaska and it was bad ass what they did getting us into the Arctic, but their management seems stupid and shortsighted, Delta's putting the screws to them hard and getting on the ground floor with a new airline run by a guy with about as much of a proven track record of success as exists in aviation I can't say I'm surprised a few guys might take the gamble on that. I don't think there's too much to be excited about with Alaska given their competition and I know my co-workers hated watching Delta pull their miles and then American too and I've had great experiences with Alaska, but don't live on the west coast so their miles are practically worthless to me and I'll take the MQMs on Delta instead.

Honest question: What does need validation mean? As in, you or the JC community approve of this company? Or approve of my job title? What would I care what you or anyone (or even me) think or care about AS? I don’t get it. Acquired, not hired. So I never had a thing for where I work. Whereas some people take it super personal anytime you speak in a negative way about their company. Especially one that starts with a D, ends in A, and has an elt in the middle.

But to answer your question, no it’s not bad at Alaska. Most of the FOs leaving have been here under 5 years and would have left Alaska regardless of how good it was because they have a long time left and want to pursue the big 3 and do wide body flying eventually.
Settle down there Captain Happy. You see what I did there?

Toobdrvr

Estrellas Asesino
I wonder if DN has learned that there are nearly one hundred local guys and gals who have 100+ hrs in the A220 (at the world’s largest operator, and the only one in the U.S)? I seriously doubt very many of them would make the leap, but one or two may be close to retirement and wouldn’t mind an office job...