JetBlue Founder's new Airline is Officially Breeze Airways

Beefy McGee

So is it pronounced "breeze" or is this a trendy name and pronounced like "breezy"? There seems to be some extra focus on the "ez" in the logo.

Bre-eez-ee? Bre-easy-ee?

srn121

So is it pronounced "breeze" or is this a trendy name and pronounced like "breezy"? There seems to be some extra focus on the "ez" in the logo.

Bre-eez-ee? Bre-easy-ee?
Who knows what the marketing folks will do with it, but we're not in the golden age of aviation any more and I'm sure the stupid policies, advertisements, promotions and safety videos aren't limited to just one airline.

The cool and sexy era of aviation has long since passed, now stay seated and make sure you listen up for this super new credit card offer we have.

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
Who knows what the marketing folks will do with it, but we're not in the golden age of aviation any more and I'm sure the stupid policies, advertisements, promotions and safety videos aren't limited to just one airline.

The cool and sexy era of aviation has long since passed, now stay seated and make sure you listen up for this super new credit card offer we have.
it was only cool and sexy because you had a decent probability of dying. I like boring and predictable.

Soul Brotha'

Some people outright leaving AS and some taking extended personal leaves (up to 5 yrs) and left for Moxy/Breeze.
How is that possible(the ones taking extended personal leave)? I would think if you leave for another carrier you would have to give up your seniority #. It’s not like AS is furloughing guys who need employment elsewhere and expect recall.

JordanD

Honorary Member
How is that possible(the ones taking extended personal leave)? I would think if you leave for another carrier you would have to give up your seniority #. It’s not like AS is furloughing guys who need employment elsewhere and expect recall.
I've heard of that kind of thing not going super well when the background checks/PRIAs get run.

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
Some people outright leaving AS and some taking extended personal leaves (up to 5 yrs) and left for Moxy/Breeze.
That doesn’t make sense because of the fleet types, PRIA issues, being employed by two 121 carriers simultaneously.