• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's time

So basically, I have 2 options. I can try to go major, where i have about 20 years left, if I go the full 65. Or I can try to stay corporate/private. I have become accustomed to nice hotels and nice layovers, along with a few not so nice (Siberia in the winter sucks, fyi).

I'm still tied to Jax due to family circumstances, and that will be for a while. So, corporate in Jax is almost non existent. The one company I had some ties to I no longer have. It would be nice to drive 30 minutes to work again, but not sure that is in the cards.

So it's either something home based or airlines. I have no 121 experience so that puts me behind the curve on that area, but it's still in play as far as I'm concerned.

I'm tired of commuting 5000 miles to work, so I don't necessarily want Asia, but it's still in play right now, as the pay is equivalent or better than where I am.

I've put a lot of money away, and made good financial decisions, so I'm not concerned about retirement as much as some others. It's good piece of mind, but I also don't want to slip too much on qol.

So to answer the stay big corporate aviation, that's the goal. But I will say I no longer can say I haven't applied to airlines anymore, to use a double negative...:cool:;)
Have you thought about maybe becoming a clandestine field agent at your job, instead of a rendition pilot in a G6?

:);)

Inverted25

I know of 3 part 91 gigs that were recently filled, or will be filled, by retired legacy pilots for way under market wage. I think the top few percent of 91 jobs will raise pay with the market, but I think the mass retirement at the airlines will be a a detriment to a lot of part 91 jobs unfortunately.
The Fortune 500 flight departments around here won't touch retired airline guys. They like to hire mid 30s who will be a good long term investment. I don't know of many serious flight departments that are looking for the type of turnover that hiring older retirees brings

BEEF SUPREME

I know of 3 part 91 gigs that were recently filled, or will be filled, by retired legacy pilots for way under market wage. I think the top few percent of 91 jobs will raise pay with the market, but I think the mass retirement at the airlines will be a a detriment to a lot of part 91 jobs unfortunately.
And Bingo was his name-o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fortune 500 flight departments around here won't touch retired airline guys. They like to hire mid 30s who will be a good long term investment. I don't know of many serious flight departments that are looking for the type of turnover that hiring older retirees brings
Most Fortune 500 companies don't pay enough to avoid turnover these days. I don't even consider them in the top percentage of 91 jobs.

What would you consider the top then? The couple around here fly large cabin aircraft and first year is 120k
Which is what, 2nd year pay at every legacy, and it keeps going up from there. It's not going to be enough to keep pilots if they could make double that after 5-6 years at a legacy airline. Hence why there are almost constant job postings for Fortune 500 jobs these days.

Most of those types of companies have a bureaucratic HR department that runs pay and is out of touch, not to mention being one CEO away from shutting down the department.

My idea of the top percentage part 91 jobs is for a ultra high net worth family that's had a plane for generations, and pays in the 200k range.

As a retired LLC pilot looking for a job the problem is getting educated in 91! I have been trying for 6 months now. No one want to say how much they make or what their job entails. So I can see how some retired guys accept a job that is under paid or gets talked into paying for their type rating. From what I see a FO gets paid from $35,000 to $65,00. A Captain from $85,000 to $220,000. It's taken me 6 months to get this far.