Is it just me, or is turbulence getting worse?

PeanuckleCRJ

Poodle Wrangler
Science, son. You should get yourself some.

That is true, however fractions of a percent change aren't exactly going to be perceptible. This is why the predictions of the 2005 hurricane season continuing year after year haven't come true, but we have set some new records here and there (which also could be due to lack of samples). What it does show is confirmation bias is a very real thing. Climate change is real, too, however this hardly proves it.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
That is true, however fractions of a percent change aren't exactly going to be perceptible. This is why the predictions of the 2005 hurricane season continuing year after year haven't come true, but we have set some new records here and there (which also could be due to lack of samples). What it does show is confirmation bias is a very real thing. Climate change is real, too, however this hardly proves it.
You and I both studied philosophy in undergrad, so let's let professionals discuss this one:

Warm Arctic episodes linked with increased frequency of extreme winter weather in the United States

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
DTW has been dry in the 60’s and PHX has been rainy, flooding and in the 30’s the last week.

Everything is completely fine! :)
40 and rain in ANC a couple weeks ago.
You and I both studied philosophy in undergrad, so let's let professionals discuss this one:

Warm Arctic episodes linked with increased frequency of extreme winter weather in the United States
im wondering when folks up here (AK) will finally stop saying “sure is a weird winter we’re having” and realize this is the new normal...

SFCC/UND

40 and rain in ANC a couple weeks ago.

im wondering when folks up here (AK) will finally stop saying “sure is a weird winter we’re having” and realize this is the new normal...
This whole week in ANC has been in the single didgets. Shoot when we landed last night all the UPS and FedEx planes were popsicle.

So is it your assertion that warming climate change will NOT cause more extreme weather in either direction?
What? How in the world did you ever put those words in my mouth.

I questioned someone who thinks COLDER than average temperature is LESS STABLE.

If'n ya'll can't figure out what's wrong with that sentence, keep on keepin on with the BRO science not my job to educate imbeciles.

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
I feel like moderate turbulence is becoming more and more common. This winter at least, it's been rare that I haven't experienced it at least once a trip, sometimes even every day. I've also had two bouts of borderline severe this year. Obviously if the atmosphere is getting warmer it's going to become more unstable.

Is it just me ???
NO, in fact Delta has stated they no longer experience turbulence. Saw it on 60 minutes or something like that.