Is it just me, or is turbulence getting worse?

RonSwanson

I feel like moderate turbulence is becoming more and more common. This winter at least, it's been rare that I haven't experienced it at least once a trip, sometimes even every day. I've also had two bouts of borderline severe this year. Obviously if the atmosphere is getting warmer it's going to become more unstable.

Is it just me ???

z987k

I feel like moderate turbulence is becoming more and more common. This winter at least, it's been rare that I haven't experienced it at least once a trip, sometimes even every day. I've also had two bouts of borderline severe this year. Obviously if the atmosphere is getting warmer it's going to become more unstable.

Is it just me ???
You need to change your user name.

Autothrust Blue

"...I know bait when I see it..."

Is it just me ???
SouthernJets Pilot?

saxman

Ever since being on the 175, I've been more in tune with turbulence, and it seems like its been a bumpy year. But I think its just that plane. I haven't noticed anything different on my commutes.

BigZ

Ever since being on the 175, I've been more in tune with turbulence, and it seems like its been a bumpy year. But I think its just that plane. I haven't noticed anything different on my commutes.
Funny you should mention that. Coming into ORD yesterday morning a 175 ahead of us and one behind us found some significant bumps. We changed altitude too to keep them company, but never felt anything above light in a CRJ.

JordanD

Honorary Member
There have been a few times where I had to look back and check to see if the wings were still there. The Cascades and Sierra Nevadas haven't been nice this year.
I remember last year/year before were pretty nasty out there, especially when that giant winter storm came in off the pacific around SEA. I remember getting our asses handed to us for 2 hours and every other pilot on the radio sounded like they were sitting on a washing machine. Knew an FA that literally had her shoes knocked off going into BOI too.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
I’m fairly sure it has nothing to do with climate change, but I did have the worst turbulence (legit severe) of my career thus far going into ANC last week. Granted, I was in a Pilatus so it could have basically been a butterfly fart, but I’m totally ok if I never experience anything close to that again.

Cessnaflyer

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I remember last year/year before were pretty nasty out there, especially when that giant winter storm came in off the pacific around SEA. I remember getting our asses handed to us for 2 hours and every other pilot on the radio sounded like they were sitting on a washing machine. Knew an FA that literally had her shoes knocked off going into BOI too.
The turbulence has been pretty wretched. The icing, on the other hand, has been fairly nice. We actually popped the boots just to make sure everything was good with them.