1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interview Attire

Discussion in 'Interview Experiences' started by frankgh, Oct 2, 2015.

1. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

That's what all the Bros wear to their Delta Air Lines interview...

2. frankgh

frankgh Well-Known Member

Someone digging up an old thread about threads!

I wore a suit and tie to my interview with Landcare. When it came time to fly the 172, they told me they appreciated my attire but I should feel free to take off the coat and tie for the flight! I got the job. I think in this case wearing a suit showed I was new to the process but eager to impress and not used against me. A polo and Dockers would have been fine and is what management was wearing. A tee shirt and jeans would have made me look like a moron!

My first job after retiring from the service was with ARINC as a Professional Flight Engineer. I was interviewed by and old friend and just wore the polo/khakis. I got the job but my "buddy" did report to upper management that I had not worn a tie. I've been a little gun shy since!

3. milleR

milleR Well-Known Member

Taking off a jacket and tie is a far better problem than being the only person in the room wearing a polo shirt. Yes, you should know the company you're interviewing with, but I can guarantee you you're correct in your last sentence.

4. Derg

Derg Naval Intelligence, MCRN Staff Member

Dress for success.

Cloud Surfer and azmedic like this.
  5. Oxman

Oxman Well-Known Member

I wore Khakis and a button up dress shirt (no tie) to a survey and mapping interview and got the job. You'll be fine. Just mention Navy sun angle azimuth table, yoke mounted console and coordinate space with ATC.....etc

frankgh likes this.
  6. BigZ

BigZ Well-Known Member

Barged into a 135 operation wearing jeans and a star wars tshirt to ask if they are hiring. Bumped into the owner, had a brief impromptu interview with him, then a legthy one with the CP. Got a call for a follow up, stopped by TJ Maxx (my fancy corporate pilot stuff is out of state still), picked up pants and a shirt, figured shoes and belt were passable, pressed attire to perfection, ironed out the details at the follow up meeting, got an offer on the spot.
    Don't overthink it.

7. Adler

Adler Well-Known Member

When CP of a place I wanted a job at called asking if I could "meet with him" a few hours after dropping off a resume, I talked to some friends who worked there asking what I should wear. They told me jeans and a hoodie. I showed up the next day in black dress pants, white dress shirt, but no tie. The CP showed up in jeans and a hoodie.

Roger Roger likes this.