1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In-house Delta Job Fair, October 20/21 2017

Discussion in 'Airline Pilots' started by Derg, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Derg

Derg Naval Intelligence, MCRN Staff Member

What in the world does this have to do with ALPA?

Oh crap, it's Festivus. This is the airing of grievances. My bad.

Screaming_Emu likes this.
  2. SKYROCK

SKYROCK F RAN CO FILE B RAN IFF HI RAM AB IFF

everything

3. Derg

Noted.

I will certainly forward this up the food chain to express your disdain or whatever you're upset about! :)

4. statusseeker1

statusseeker1 Well-Known Member

I think we found David Shnipes!

Skåning and Derg like this.
  5. ian

ian Well-Known Member

@SKYROCK i certainly hope you are working at where you want to be your career destination

6. SKYROCK

I'm going to apply to Norwegian. I could teach.

Even if they don't pick me up for something, ramp, whatever, don't care; I'm going to do my best to see that they don't vote for ALPA representation. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Harnessing this kind of energy is very good in a competitive environment especially where certain pilots have never felt welcome. We could do everything in our power to destroy you.

7. Cherokee_Cruiser

Cherokee_Cruiser Well-Known Member

Ok, but ALPA has nothing to do with this. Where are you going with this?

8. SKYROCK

ALPA has everything to do with it.

9. Cherokee_Cruiser

To do with what? Hiring at legacy airlines? That's the function of HR and management. ALPA doesn't set up hiring criterias, standards, who gets to be called for an interview, etc.

What are you trying to co-relate?

10. SKYROCK

try getting out of ALPA and see what happens. Its got everything to do with it and its not a union.

there are weird men with mustaches in charge of everything; the same weird men with mustaches that were there a long time ago. its racketeering and its fraud and it needs to be brought to justice.

11. Cherokee_Cruiser

I did. I left an ALPA-regional to go to a non-union LCC/Major. After seeing our pay and working conditions lag severely behind other competitors, the pilot group voted in favor of representation and we voted in ALPA. Even when you join an ALPA airline, you technically don't have to join ALPA. You can elect a non-member status, and then have to pay an agency shop fee. That's fair, after all you are still enjoying the pay and benefits that ALPA negotiated in their contract. But you don't have to be a member.

So once again, what is your point? Where does ALPA and ALPA bashing fit in on a thread about legacy airline job fairs and hiring?

alaskadrifter and Screaming_Emu like this.
  12. SKYROCK

that's a lie and you know exactly what I am talking about. the level of deceit is simply amazing here. I have never ever enjoyed ALPA pay and benefits. Lets get that straight away first, I have never 'enjoyed' ALPA pay or benefits; or their two level of safety and training. tell them exactly what happens when you choose not to join.

see, its members entitlement and self righteous indignation that I have detected from the beginning, as the RJ's got bigger and bigger. I cannot, never could, and will not trust this 'association' with something as precious as my life...that's 'my life' and the lives of people around me. As to why its relevant in this thread? Its just that the association needs to understand that they have created a monster. a person can only be told that they are C scale, not worthy, or somehow not deserving so many times before they simply loose it. Especially when the guy handling your case is making you pay a career price for exposing complete incompetence.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  13. Cruise

Cruise Well-Known Member

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

14. Skåning

Skåning Well-Known Member

It must be 5 o'clock somewhere

15. Screaming_Emu

Screaming_Emu You people

Dat networking tho!

16. Cherokee_Cruiser

What I wrote is not a lie, it's fact. You CAN be a non-member. We sadly have over a dozen at our shop. As long as you pay the agency shop fee which is spelled out in your CBA, you will not be fired from your company. What deceit are you accusing me of, or ALPA of?

Where do you work? ALPA is more the norm than the exception. Among the larger airlines, only Skywest remains non-union. At an airline I'm familiar with, a crew had a tailstrike on landing. I can tell you without ALPA, they would not be employed.

Seriously, what are you saying? That some pilots are arrogant ALPA blowhards, and somehow the safety of airplanes or aviation is so dangerous you won't fly? ALPA has done more for safety than any non-union shop out there.

ALPA didn't tell you are C scale or not worthy. That's all management. It seems from your posts that you have blurred the lines between ALPA and management. Most nearly all your woes here sound like management problems.

Your last sentence is perhaps most telling of your story, can you share that? It sounds like someone you complained about came back to haunt you/repercussions in some way.

17. Derg

I gave Skyrock the boot from the thread.

18. ShortField

ShortField No one of consequence

There I was, reading along and suddenly it was as if I had inadvertently navigated into a parallel universe.

Acrofox and Adler like this.
  19. Dphoenix

Dphoenix Love lasagna, hate mondays

And that's what makes this place better than that other site.

20. Skåning

Skåning Well-Known Member

[​IMG]