In flight WIFI, a hazard? RF exposure, etc.

Richman

Go find a Ham. Whenever they set up an antenna, they have to do an RF risk assessment.

NickH

Dank Meme
If you aren't wearing some kind of metallic headgear, it's probably time to start. There's an electomagnetic component to the ChemTrailJuice and without proper shielding you can draw it in to the cabin via the bleed air subduction loop. Just look at what happened to US 1549.

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
I'm making no claims one way or another.

But I think it might be worth noting that the same blithe attitude of dismissiveness was aimed at skepticism surrounding the harmful effects of smoking on human health.

Before that, it was aimed -with derogation- toward early innovators who had the audacity to suggest man could build machines that could fly.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.

But I think it might be worth noting that the same blithe attitude of dismissiveness was aimed at skepticism surrounding the harmful effects of smoking on human health.

Before that, it was aimed -with derogation- toward early innovators who had the audacity to suggest man could build machines that could fly.
If a part of the electromagnetic spectrum caused loss of consciousness, we'd know about it. We'd know about it because doctors would be climbing over each other to be the first to publish evidence of this happening in The Lancet.w

The reason that hasn't happened is because the data doesn't exist, because people aren't losing consciousness without cause.

I mean JTFC, HOSPITALS have wifi. You'd think patients who are under constant monitoring would be a perfect group to study, and those patients aren't passing out without cause. This is literally like saying these pilots passed out because they weren't carrying garlic on them to ward off vampires, and invisible vampires bit them, causing a lose of consciousness.

CTFlyer

If a part of the electromagnetic spectrum caused loss of consciousness, we'd know about it. We'd know about it because doctors would be climbing over each other to be the first to publish evidence of this happening in The Lancet.w

The reason that hasn't happened is because the data doesn't exist, because people aren't losing consciousness without cause.

I mean JTFC, HOSPITALS have wifi. You'd think patients who are under constant monitoring would be a perfect group to study, and those patients aren't passing out without cause. This is literally like saying these pilots passed out because they weren't carrying garlic on them to ward off vampires, and invisible vampires bit them, causing a lose of consciousness.
mmmmmmmmmmmmm Garlic....

I am not taking a position, but in the article there are a lot of people with initials after their names (PH-D, MD, etc.) saying this may be an issue and needs further study. I think it would be difficult to link unconsciousness to wifi, but there could be other harmful effects from the high amounts of it as stated in the article. In any event, I hope all of the pilot and flight attendant unions are at least aware that there is a question out there posted by some very qualified professionals.

Last edited:

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
mmmmmmmmmmmmm Garlic....

I am not taking a position, but in the article there are a lot of people with initials after their names (PH-D, MD, etc.) saying this may be an issue and needs further study. I think it would be difficult to link unconsciousness to wifi, but there could be other harmful effects from the high amounts of it as stated in the article. In any event, I hope all of the pilot and flight attendant unions are at least aware that there is a question out there posted by some very qualified professionals.
I have a doctorate. Let that sink in for a minute, and then consider how much you should inherently trust a person with letters after their name.

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
I have a doctorate. Let that sink in for a minute, and then consider how much you should inherently trust a person with letters after their name.
Exactly. I have the letters O.H.B. after my name, so people trust me for some reason.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
I'm wondering what you guys and gals think of this? https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1071260228750/Pilots.Incapacitated.Wifi.a.Factor_.pdf I don't have to worry about it in the PA140 I fly, but this doesn't seem like an issue to take lightly? Or a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy kind of thing?

Hi, Joe the certification nazi here again. Firstly we test airplanes for HIRF as a part of 23 and 25 certification, and the we've all been in the room while testing is going on as well as out of the room. HIRF is a very well understood and easy to do test across the industry where every idiot can point an antenna and generator and "let fly". Testing on that goes back 40 years if I remember right. Likely longer. Your skin is a surprisingly good attenuator.

There's only one time that any bad effects ever occurred, it was my fault. I shot gamma rays at a vampire and now they're invisible and that's why you have to carry garlic with you. I was trying to recreate Bruce banners experiment which was him trying to recreate the Vita rays that gave Cpt America his strength.

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
You sure 'bout dat? ;)