IFR finish up mid-December. Where to go?

KaiGywer

So I am in the situation of being a procrastinator... If I don't complete my IFR training by January, I have to retake my IFR written. So with that being said, I am looking for somewhere in the country where I can finish up training and take the checkride Dec 10-13 (time off from work those days).

All my "legal requirements" (XC time etc.) are met, so it would be basically hammer out checkride and oral prep for a couple days and get capable and confident enough to pass it. All my training so far is with six-pack planes, but I wouldn't be opposed to glass if the price is right.

I can travel anywhere in the country, but would prefer somewhere southern-ish to avoid weather delays. Also prefer somewhere "cheap" with regards to rental/instruction and hotel. And of course the kicker...DPE availability.

Urp99

I'd recommend Riggin Flight Service in Madison SD. I just finished my Instrument there, and they have speed and efficiency figured out. They also have a DPE on staff to do your check ride as soon as you're done with the prep. The only drawback (if you could call it that) is that they use a Cessna 140 for training, so you'll need a tailwheel checkout of you don't already have one.

KaiGywer

I'd recommend Riggin Flight Service in Madison SD. I just finished my Instrument there, and they have speed and efficiency figured out. They also have a DPE on staff to do your check ride as soon as you're done with the prep. The only drawback (if you could call it that) is that they use a Cessna 140 for training, so you'll need a tailwheel checkout of you don't already have one.
I actually looked at Riggin (I live in Bismarck, ND), but my worry was that SD in December is equally cold and snowy as ND. I don't have tailwheel, but being able to knock out IFR and tailwheel at the same time would be awesome of course.

RECOVER

ATD Flight Systems LLC - KMKC. Call and ask for Matt. Kansas City Missouri Finished me up in 5.8 hours of flight with all legal requirements met for commercial. They have a DPE on staff with numerous other DPE in the area on short call, but would need to call this week to check availability. They have piper PA-28 and C 172 all steam. Highly Recommended. I passed with 3 days left on my written.

KaiGywer

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have a call in to Riggin (the tailwheel intrigues me, and it's close to home), but if that falls through, the place in KMKC looks promising also.