IFL, USA Jet, Kalitta 2, Everts, et al

deadstick

Looks like there’s a lot of hiring going on at these places, and some are home-basing. Does anybody have recent, first-hand experience with any of them?

Great write up.

No 117 rules, eh? I don't get it. A 727 full of fuel and boxes can still make a big, smoldering hole in the ground where a hospital or school once stood.
121 supplemental was given a special carve out on 117 was written. 121 cargo hasn’t been updated in decades. Not to mention if you cross international border you have no duty time restriction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeppUpdater

No 117 rules, eh? I don't get it. A 727 full of fuel and boxes can still make a big, smoldering hole in the ground where a hospital or school once stood.
Psh. A 727 would plow through the hospital, ground, mantle, core, mantle, ground, and a hospital in China and keep going, those JT8Ds just turning whatever oil they found into more glorious black smoke.

But no seriously it's bull feces.

If you're on the other, paid forum, there's a real senior management guy from USA Jet who will be happy to openly tell you they do 24 hour on call because the rest rules "don't make you rested". Apparently following the regs is an airliner is just a bar that's set a bit too high for them.

deadstick

If you're on the other, paid forum, there's a real senior management guy from USA Jet who will be happy to openly tell you they do 24 hour on call because the rest rules "don't make you rested". Apparently following the regs is an airliner is just a bar that's set a bit too high for them.
Yea...RH is always beating that drum even thought it applies to .1% of the discussions. It was confusing at first, but you get used to it. To their credit, he and JUS have gotten several pilots a job when needed or a start in 121.

Looks like the auto lobby probably floated a lot of campaign support, the green kind, to get that carve out.

KSCessnaDriver

Yea...RH is always beating that drum even thought it applies to .1% of the discussions. It was confusing at first, but you get used to it. To their credit, he and JUS have gotten several pilots a job when needed or a start in 121.

Looks like the auto lobby probably floated a lot of campaign support, the green kind, to get that carve out.
RH means well, it's just, his personality doesn't lend itself well to internet discussion. 24/7 on call is BS, and really one of the reasons I left there a few years back. When I left, I had less than a year in, had seniority for DC9 captain, but was looking at 3+ years to get the 1000 121 time for captain. So I left, going to a regional, to get the time and think about going back. After seeing what 121 pax ops are like, I'd never go to a cargo carrier outside of FedEx/UPS at this point.

MAK49

Not a pilot, but work as a "dispatcher" at a 121 supp. This is one (of many reasons) why we have so many issues with customers in our on-demand market. It always seems like none of the other carriers follow what rules we do have, so when we throw out issues relating to duty time or something when we've been waiting on cargo for 6 hours they throw a huge fuss. Drives me nuts, it's like, just cause other carriers don't follow what rules exist doesn't mean we are going to bend ours.

...and you guys wonder why Kalitta wanted out from under the Atlas/Teamsters umbrella.

(...and for the record I was in the minority that wanted to stay)
My personal opinion?

You guys fell for the whole “look at the hourly rate!” thing, have realized you could have done much better, and are looking for a scapegoat.

jhugz

The Juarez Express
My personal opinion?

You guys fell for the whole “look at the hourly rate!” thing, have realized you could have done much better, and are looking for a scapegoat.
A third year 76 captain at my shop makes the same as a 12 year 74 captain at your shop. Not trying to measure dongs but yes, we were thrilled with the rates.

We made major gains in all areas. Including 6 hours less for duty days. Can’t get it all in one.

A third year 76 captain at my shop makes the same as a 12 year 74 captain at your shop. Not trying to measure dongs but yes, we were thrilled with the rates.

We made major gains in all areas. Including 6 hours less for duty days. Can’t get it all in one.
Hourly rates are a tiny piece of the puzzle.

I’m not trying to make it a dong measuring contest, just giving my opinion on why you guys left teamsters.

Inverted

#inspirationing

Are we comparing K4 to a large ACMI that is several years overdue for a contract as a means to dong measure hourly rates? Come on now...

jhugz

The Juarez Express
Are we comparing K4 to a large ACMI that is several years overdue for a contract as a means to dong measure hourly rates? Come on now...
Yes we are. Atlas wants to blame K4 pilots for not having a contract due to our duty times. The Atlas pilot mentioned our duty time and I mentioned their pay rates. Think that’s fair enough.

Kekistan

But it's still Kalitta.