I PASSED!!!! AHAHAHAAHA

E_Dawg

Hey!!!! I passed my Instrument ride today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was one HARD ride but also very fun!!

If anyone wants the scoop I'll write it down for ya; just ask here or PM me!!!!

Out.

P.S. Iain is now beaten in TT for good.

I_Money

WAY TO GO!!! I know how much time you have put into getting this both by hitting the books and going flying. I made it a sticky so everyone can have the opportunity to see your post!

farwellbooth

Congrats! I'd love to hear about it. I'm working on mine and having a heck of a time, it's usually actual with ice, wind, hail rain, snow in Oregon.

flyitup

Ed,

Congrats man!

If you can find the time, I too would enjoy reading a report on your checkride.

I'm planning on taking mine sometime during the next couple months...

Alchemy

Partner, Ally, Friend
Told ya you'd pass it. I think most of us would enjoy reading the the nitty gritty after you get done celebrating.

Muchos Congratulationes Amigo.

E_Dawg

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats! Did your examiner really tell you to shut up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I kept talking my way through the approaches; it really helps me out because if I SEE it on the chart, LOOK AT IT on the NAV radio and the VOR dial, POINT TO IT, and SAY IT, it helps protect me from possible mistakes. I think he was just playing with me at that point anyways (he was reeaaalllyyy hard to read) but regardless, if it helps, do it.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
Congrats man! That's a hard one to get knocked off, but feels great afterwords!

Time to start on the commercial, eh?

Cheers

John Herreshoff

av8sean

That's tricky doing the checkride in a 152.. no intersection holds/work, ADF, GPS, etc.. don't get me wrong, I'm jealous
.. I'm doing my instrument ride this month, so thanks for the pointers!

-Sean

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
Hella grats, dude! Commercial next?

and ...

[ QUOTE ]
My legion of evil Jetcareers pilots grows by the day!

[/ QUOTE ]

E_Dawg

[ QUOTE ]
That's tricky doing the checkride in a 152.. no intersection holds/work, ADF, GPS, etc.. don't get me wrong, I'm jealous
.. I'm doing my instrument ride this month, so thanks for the pointers!

-Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it has dual VORs and an ADF, the hold on the ride was at an intersection with a parallel entry, IMHO it would actually be MORE difficult with only one VOR; the non precision (sp!!!) approaches would be TOUGH. The ADF has been inop
for who knows how long so I'm going up this week in a 172 to learn DME arcs and NDB stuff.

-----

And mirvc211 I did my ride with a gentleman from Hawthorne who is a test pilot at Gulfstream. It was quite cool talking to him.

-----

Thanks for the responses everyone! Yes the commercial will be next. My DE offered to do the Comm ride as a 'stage check' to my CFI, where I could do the maneuvers from the right seat and he'd give me feedback as to what I can work on when the CFI ride comes; but that's a long way off; for now it's Vegas this weekend with my dad where hopefully I'll get some use out of this so called 'instrument rating' thing!

-----

Hey Iain this is embarrassing; you gonna 'unstick' this thing any time soon???