HQ map

100LL

Horizon is currently in PDX, not SEA.

But it has been suggested that Alaska will consolidate Horizon into Alaska in SEA. Your chart may be ahead of its time.

Thanks! Very nice roadmap.

MAK49

Don’t forget the regional carriers in the state of Alaska. Some serious dispatching to be had there.
This. You’ve got at least 4 121 carriers in Alaska: Ravn Alaska, PenAir (who knows how much longer on that though), and Northern Air Cargo in ANC, and Everts in FAI.

And yes, some serious dispatching to be had. The carrier I’m at does Alaska flying and on-demand down south with 737-200s, a -300 and -400, and a 767 supposedly coming online next year, so ETOPS and longer international flights in the works. I just planned a flight to Mexico and Canada on my shift last night. Definitely some good experience if you can handle the weather and somewhat isolation and dark from the rest of the US.

This. You’ve got at least 4 121 carriers in Alaska: Ravn Alaska, PenAir (who knows how much longer on that though), and Northern Air Cargo in ANC, and Everts in FAI.

And yes, some serious dispatching to be had. The carrier I’m at does Alaska flying and on-demand down south with 737-200s, a -300 and -400, and a 767 supposedly coming online next year, so ETOPS and longer international flights in the works. I just planned a flight to Mexico and Canada on my shift last night. Definitely some good experience if you can handle the weather and somewhat isolation and dark from the rest of the US.
Does someone from the lower 48 that is willing to move have a decent chance of getting hired on (without exprience)? Can't imagine there'd be too many people WANTING to go to ANC. Even I'd have to think LONG AND HARD on that one.

Does someone from the lower 48 that is willing to move have a decent chance of getting hired on (without exprience)? Can't imagine there'd be too many people WANTING to go to ANC. Even I'd have to think LONG AND HARD on that one.
I don't know about that. Every person that I know from my Air Force days that was stationed in Alaska LOVED it and would go back.

z987k

I'm pretty sure PenAir and Raven hire fresh dispatchers. Anchorage is darker in the winter, but we're warmer than the midwest. If you like the outdoors and adventure, you'll love it. If you want cities and indoor culture, you'll hate it.