How High?

davetheflyer

Someone recently started a thread about how far you have flown, so I thought it might be interesting to see how high everyone has been.

My personal altitude records are 11,500 MSL in a C150 (it took a long time to get there) and FL 290 in the J328.

mtsu_av8er

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Dave... already been discussed:

Go Here

[/ QUOTE ]

Cold and quick, huh RTF??? I'm telling you, you're becoming more and more like a lawyer (or a wife...) everyday!!!

ready2fly

[ QUOTE ]
I'm telling you, you're becoming more and more like a lawyer (or a wife...) everyday!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heeeeeeyyyy!!!

"Lawyer" = them's fightin' words.

E_Dawg

10,500 in a 172, but the density altitude was up around 13500! That's gotta count for something!

Came back down again after starting to feel a little... 'weird'.

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
12,000 or 12,500 can't remember when gave up and headed back down (trying to get over some weather). PA-23.

EatSleepFly

FL230 in a P-Navajo.
FL190 in a T-210 (sucking O2)

15,500 without oxygen (but then I jumped out, and was at a more breathable altitude after a few seconds...
)

I think 12,000 is the highest I've had anything that is normally-aspirated.

Ophir

FL190 in a C206U, not flying but in the right seat.

14,500 in a 172 last winter over the Tetons, MEA.

20,400ft in my paraglider over Telluride ski area! That was amazing. The record in Telluride is 23,000 in a hang glider.

Oh, for those concerned with airspace we have permission to fly into class A with approval from Denver FSS. I don't know how that works but if we ask tell them we are planning on going over FL180 they approve it.

CK

I went all the way to 7,000 today in the Citation. I think FL290 the highest I've ever been on a non airliners. I did make it up to 15,000 in a Commander 560 trying to get over weather.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
So how low then?

Since the "how high" option has already been discussed, then how low has anyone flown, other than takeoff/landing/pattern ops?

In the day?

At night?

John_Jones

Re: So how low then?

Um...I've flown as low as 800-900ft cruise in a 152 in Noew Orleans over the outskirts on Lake Ponchatrain. Fun stuff...Only thing is if you're engine goes out, you're looking at a landing on the busy Pontachtrain Bridge and you're pretty screwed, thats why I did it once and never did it again (sort of woo-hoo I did it saw it conquered and hell now I'm never doing it again).