Horizon

JDean3204

Looks like I already have a line next month in GEG. If you want to go to a regional that will fly you right away, this place is where to go right now, on the Q anyway.

I spent 8 months on reserve at my last shop, flew 120 hours in that time. I will credit 80 next month alone at Horizon. Upgrade is now below 2 for the Q, if you don't mind flying a prop then you can advance pretty quick here. Many are turned off of flying a prop plane, but this bird is a handful and fun to fly compared to the ERJ IMHO

Last edited:
Looks like I already have a line next month in GEG. If you want to go to a regional that will fly you right away, this place is where to go right now, on the Q anyway.

I spent 8 months on reserve at my last shop, flew 120 hours in that time. I will credit 80 next month alone at Horizon. Upgrade is now below 2 for the Q, if you don't mind flying a prop then you can advance pretty quick here. Many are turned off of flying a prop plane, but this bird is a handful and fun to fly compared to the ERJ IMHO
Nice!

I'd prefer props,.then again I like 727s, MD11s and other odd stuff....

RamRise

Glad to hear you're turning lemons into lemonade.

Horizon hasn't parked any Qs, have they? Cause if so, I hope they keep the powerhouse of the fleet, 401. The greatest paint job every to grace an aircraft that ever was. Aint that right @pete2800 ?
If by "powerhouse" you mean "most likely to break down right when you really need it to work," then sure.

As for parking Q's, nothing yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some go in the next 6 months.

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
If by "powerhouse" you mean "most likely to break down right when you really need it to work," then sure.

As for parking Q's, nothing yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some go in the next 6 months.
Be interesting to see. I know a few people in my interview wanted the jet, but weren't gonna run based on the thought of going to the Q.

Be interesting to see. I know a few people in my interview wanted the jet, but weren't gonna run based on the thought of going to the Q.
Yeah. You going to QX? If you go to the Dash, you'll probably upgrade rapidly if you want it. Things will get all out of order there when they start running into FO's that don't have 1000 121 time.

I'd be surprised to see the Q fleet maintain size over the next year. I think some are already being "held as additional operational spares," which is QX-speak for "we parked them because we couldn't staff them but we didn't want to tell you that." However, I think there will be enough movement that it won't adversely effect someone who chooses that airplane now. And if you want a PDX base, that should get you there.

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
Yeah. You going to QX? If you go to the Dash, you'll probably upgrade rapidly if you want it. Things will get all out of order there when they start running into FO's that don't have 1000 121 time.

I'd be surprised to see the Q fleet maintain size over the next year. I think some are already being "held as additional operational spares," which is QX-speak for "we parked them because we couldn't staff them but we didn't want to tell you that." However, I think there will be enough movement that it won't adversely effect someone who chooses that airplane now. And if you want a PDX base, that should get you there.
I am! Start next next month. The Dash is exactly what I wanted for the PDX base.

ChristheCFII

We're there; several FOs have been bypassed for upgrade because they don't have the 121 time.

Totally agree about parking airplanes. I'll be surprised if we make it to next summer without shrinking by at least a few Q400s.