• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Horizon Hiring DX

Sam I Am

How was working for Horizon? Also, how did you like the Portland area? Is it affordable as a new dispatcher?
Horizon is fantastic, literally no complaints. It’s a great place for a new dispatcher. Portland area is fun.. the city is alright but I took advantage of the outdoors. I personally had no problem living on the first year dispatcher salary.. not glamorous by any means but comfortable. Rent is stupid high so just be prepared for that..

Horizon is fantastic, literally no complaints. It’s a great place for a new dispatcher. Portland area is fun.. the city is alright but I took advantage of the outdoors. I personally had no problem living on the first year dispatcher salary.. not glamorous by any means but comfortable. Rent is stupid high so just be prepared for that..
Rent seems to be high everywhere. I’m paying around $1,000 a month without utilities here in DFW for a 1bed. There are slightly cheaper ones but my unit has a washer and dryer which I think these days should be standard.

I’m glad you had no complaints of Horizon.

Thanks for the review and good luck with AS!

4EngineETOPS

Rent seems to be high everywhere. I’m paying around $1,000 a month without utilities here in DFW for a 1bed. There are slightly cheaper ones but my unit has a washer and dryer which I think these days should be standard.

I’m glad you had no complaints of Horizon.

Thanks for the review and good luck with AS!
Roommates are always an option. Not necessarily the worst thing in the world and your rent cost goes down to about $400-$600 in most places.

A-9er

Where were you stationed? I got stuck out in Sasebo
I did boot camp @ Great Lakes, followed by A school in San Diego. After San Diego, I was based in Pearl Harbor, HI for two years. After Pearl, I did BE&E and C school in San Diego. For my final duty station, I was based @ Charleston, SC when it was still open. I did a deployment to the Med with multiple ops in the Caribbean. I was based on two Adams class DDGs. What about you?

A-9er

That would drive me bonkers!!!!
That's why I NEVER had a roommate after my Navy days-because it DID drive me bonkers!

I remember my brother and I were having a conversation at his old FL house some years ago. It was about money, I think. He said that it would make financial sense to get a roommate. I told him I didn't want one, and I told him why. He then, thought he was cute by making a smart ass remark by asking how many guys did we have in an area the size of his living room, 21? I stood up, looked thoughtfully at both the length and width of the room, and said, "Yeah, that's about right". He didn't say a WORD after that!

ak_mavic

I did boot camp @ Great Lakes, followed by A school in San Diego. After San Diego, I was based in Pearl Harbor, HI for two years. After Pearl, I did BE&E and C school in San Diego. For my final duty station, I was based @ Charleston, SC when it was still open. I did a deployment to the Med with multiple ops in the Caribbean. I was based on two Adams class DDGs. What about you?
I did boot and A school in Great Lakes also, then got stationed on an amphib in Sasebo. Spent some time out there and did a deployment before coming back state side to San Diego. After San Diego I was attached to Coronado and spent my time there until I got out.

What was your rate?

A-9er

I did boot and A school in Great Lakes also, then got stationed on an amphib in Sasebo. Spent some time out there and did a deployment before coming back state side to San Diego. After San Diego I was attached to Coronado and spent my time there until I got out.

What was your rate?
STG2, and you?