Hola!

robzablob

Hello! I am a newww member, however, I've been checkin this site out for quite awhile, I just never really had anything to say, up until now.

I am definitely into aviation. Hardcore. Well maybe not as hardcore as some, but I got it pretty bad. It all started with my g-rent and his C172. I don't live near him, so I don't get to fly as much as I'd like to. I have soloed, as early as I could (16th birthday!!) and actually, I could fly an airplane by myself earlier than I could drive a car.

I'm involved with EAA and I swear I'm the only kid in my town that likes airplanes. When I try to talk about aviation at school, they're just like..eww..why?? I think that they dont fully grasp what flight is. I would say that 30-40% of them have never been in a plane..

So right now im working on my PPL, and I'm loving every minute of it. And I'm sorry if i rambled.

Robbie

mooneyguy

been around forever
Hello Robbie, welcome to JC...What part of missouri are you from? I started my flight training about 8 years ago in Festus (fes) Mo.

BillErvin

Peddling as fast as I can
Hola back at ya!

Keep talking about aviation, you may find a few to convert. You may also look into the Civil Air Patrols Cadet program in your area to find some like minded youngsters.

Keep fly'in
Bill

robzablob

I do my flight training in Fulton (KFTT), but live in the capital. It's a much cozier airport in Fulton, and my instructor is really cool.

Robbie

robzablob

And ive looked into CAP, but have yet to go to a meeting. Problem is, gas is soo expensive, and the closest chapter is 30 miles away.

I might make it up there to see what it's all about, one of our EAA members is part of it up there.

Robbie

aeroman2

Ya it was the same when I was in middle and high school, it was me and my best friend who were the aviation buffs, everyone else was kinda clueless, welcome to the forums man!