Hired at a charter!

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Are you flying single pilot or FO? It really is a fantastically engineered airplane for a single pilot, the systems automation is great. And I think the only problem I’ve had that didn’t fix with an electrical reset was a sun visor falling off. The Apex is cool too, lacking in a couple little things but the AFCS and having coupled VNAV is great for the lazy pilot.

Roger Roger

I didn’t know what FATFLY meant until now and I have like 1100 hours in the bird...
Aren’t you a little young to have been flying Medevac for 30 years?

It’s a mnemonic some of the FSI guys teach for the pre-takeoff flow. I think the idea is that it’s applicable to pretty much any aircraft but idk.

Last edited:

nibake

Powder hound
Aren’t you a little young to have been flying Medevac for 30 years?

It’s a mnemonic some of the FSI guys teach for the pre-takeoff flow. I think the idea is that it’s applicable to pretty much any aircraft but idk.
Haha. Seriously, though, how many hours are other medevac pilots averaging? I'm doing 300-350 a year with the medevac complemented by charter flying. I haven't taken the time to break down the hours between which is which, but I'm betting some of the others in my company have.

Roger Roger

Haha. Seriously, though, how many hours are other medevac pilots averaging? I'm doing 300-350 a year with the medevac complemented by charter flying. I haven't taken the time to break down the hours between which is which, but I'm betting some of the others in my company have.
I did about 270 last year. Most Medevac but probably 10 hours of PR trips and checkrides. I think there was a Medevac guy on here that said he did 90 hours. 250-350 seems to be pretty common. I’ve heard that Reva guys in so flo hit 500-600 pretty routinely. That seems like too much flying if it’s split between day and night shift. There’s another guy on here who’s in the training department at one of the bigger fixed wing Medevac ops, he might know a global average for their programs.