Hijacked AIM

rausda27

A few coworkers thought it would be funny to harass JC users on my AIM while I was away from my desk today. If any of you received strange messages from me today, I apologize, I will try to prevent them from doing it again. Immaturity tends to run wild amongst a few of our younger instructors...

Wm226

LOL!

When I first saw this subject title, I thought someone "Hijacked" your Aeronautical Information Manual. How that is possible... I don't know.

Jonnyb1225

[ QUOTE ]
When I first saw this subject title, I thought someone "Hijacked" your Aeronautical Information Manual

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too

tonyw

I think as a punishment, Doug should permanently set your posting total to a prime number.

G

I got one, no harrassment though...just a friendly "yo".

Not a prob, I hate it when my friends get on my AIM and message someone that I havn't talked to in like 2 years. Makes for an awkward situation to say the least.

aloft

Hey Tony, I intentionally didn't post the code--you might consider removing it from yours. It's sort of an opsec thing.

EatSleepFly

Come on Rausda...are you telling me that you wouldn't do the exact same thing if you were in that situation?

Mr_Creepy

One day I was bored in the charter office and decided to take my DO's Honda CBR929 for a spin around the airport. After a few laps at 90+ in first gear I come back in to the office to see this on my IM (Oh Lord I forgot to log out!!!!) My DO decided to play a little trick on me

Setup: BC is a Mesa pilot and kind of a friend acquaintance. We didn't know each other very well at the time and you can imagine how I felt!

JTenney: I'm thinking of coming out
BC******: To Phoenix?
JTenney: No Silly. I think I'm gay.
BC******: Whatever makes you happy
JTenney: OK but don't tell anyone, I want to share the secret on my own OK?
BC******: Sure, no problem.

Obviously it took several IMs to explain to BC what had happened. I finally got him believing me. I think.

Well as it was explained to me by "sorrygottarunway" in order to chat on the AIM jetcareers board I need only type in

AIM:gochat?roomname=jetcareers

Anyways everytime that I type that in the tool bar it brings up the AIM chat room but it is always empty and no one is ever in there.

Is there ever a certain time that everyone is in the room?

Matthew

Tim06

[ QUOTE ]
right now were starting a chat

7:15 pacific time 3/11

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang these different time zones are making me do math way too often!

tonyw

Sorry, didn't think about that! We all know it, but you're right, the general public doesn't.

davidhigbie

Hey, how come I didnt get a message?!?!?!

Yep, from what I saw, was a pretty tense (and rightly so I guess) situation around the office today.

Hootie

Old Skool
[ QUOTE ]
LOL!

When I first saw this subject title, I thought someone "Hijacked" your Aeronautical Information Manual. How that is possible... I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL thats what I thought! I was like dude settle down I'll give you one of mine

Hootie

Old Skool
[ QUOTE ]
Honda CBR929 for a spin around the airport.

[/ QUOTE ]

drool.......I just sold my F3....id really like an F4 or a 929......note to self ...win lottery

Athena

Anyone have suggestions for a good starter bike? I would like something that won't suck 6 months after learning to ride.