Highest Time Pilot?

CK

Does any one know who the highest time pilot in the U.S. is and how much time he/she has. I've always wondered about it. Who's the highest time pilot on this site?

DE727UPS

It wouldn't be me. My goal is to work as little as possible but still make normal pay. Last year I did a little over 100 hours and this year may do less than that since I've been doing a lot of BFI-YVR trips. That will all come to a quick halt, though, if I bid over to the 757....those guys fly a lot more.

Anyhow....I always put on forms that I have 8000 hours....a rough estimate that doesn't change. And no....I don't keep my logbook up to date....

Ophir

I know a guy who retired at AA with a little over 27,000. I am sure there people with a lot more than that, but that number sure seems impressive to me. That's spending over 3 years solid in a plane!

BTW, that is a funny way of looking at logbooks. My instructor told me that tell people that he has been flying for seven months. That is because he has a little over 5000hrs. Me, I have spend 12 days in an airplane, HA!

C650CPT

I am not sure who is the current Grey Eagle but a few years back it was a gentleman down in AL. Forgive me for not remembering his name, I actually got to meet him. He had something in excess of 30,000 logged hrs. All VFR. He flew pipeline and electrical line patroll. He wasn't even IFR rated. I would check out Guiness Book of World Records.

davetheflyer

I personally knew one old-timer who had 50,000+ logged hours. He eventually stopped logging anything except what he needed to stay current.

mrivc211

I think my dad had 31,000 hours when he retired a few years ago. He's now passed training and will start flying again for another 3 years till he's 65 in the A300-600. So I would imagine its gonna go up another thousand or two.

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
The highest time pilot I personally know has a little over 24,600.

Thats 2.8 years in the air.

viper548

A few months back I read an article about a female flight instructor (91) that had given over 50,000 hours of instruction!!! It was in IN Flight USA (that free magazine at all the FBO's)

EFC

I know one retired FAA Airspace Systems Inspection Pilot who had over 10,000 hrs. logged. I know that it is nowhere near the highest time, but I like to learn all I can from the high time pilots that I meet.

I figure that they didn't get to be wise old high time pilots by doing dumb things in an airplane.

- Mark P. "EFC"

A300Capt

Freight Dawg
[ QUOTE ]
Adam Berg, an examiner out of KVNY claims to have 63,000 hours

[/ QUOTE ]

How old is he? How long has he been flying? I'd be VERY suspicious of that number. Clay Lacy "claims" to have around 45,000 hrs.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clay Lacy "claims" to have around 45,000 hrs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever Dealt with Clay?

musicmixer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How old is he? How long has he been flying? I'd be VERY suspicious of that number. Clay Lacy "claims" to have around 45,000 hrs.

[/ QUOTE ]

OLD! not to sure of his exact age, but he did fly in the Battle of Midway which was 1942 so I figure somewhere in his 80's. He said he's been flying professionally for more than 60 years.

I_Money

I am sure some of these WWII era pilots, used to log an awful lot of time back in the day - especially before things like fatigue were taken seriously. 60,000+ seems an awful lot of time - far more time then I want to spend in an aircraft.