Hey A300Capt

A300Capt

Freight Dawg
Have you seen it? I have some pics but no URL to enable me to post them here, and by the time I did, they'd already be posted all over the Internet anyway.

I kinda like the new paint scheme though. It sorta reminds me of...well, DELTA's..only different!

The idea behind changing the emblem was to get rid of the string around the UPS box since we (they) didn't want folks to think that's how to secure boxes anymore before shipping.

Funny though, we were going to furlough recently because weren't making a bazillion $$ anymore, but found the money to repaint every piece of equipment we own. Things that make you say, "Hmmm.."

A300Capt

Freight Dawg
[ QUOTE ]
She seemed to have forgotten what his hours were, but did recall that he had gotten hired with the minimums. Is that common place at UPS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it all F15 time or C182? Was he hired as a line flying pilot or management pilot teaching basic general subjects ground school? Makes a difference so the numbers don't tell the whole story. No, it's not common at all to be hired with the minimum time. In fact, I've never heard of anyone being hired with just min advertised time.

[ QUOTE ]
but how hard is it (otherwise) to get hired with UPS an a Pilot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that we're not hiring right now or the forseeable future, I'd say it's very difficult to next to impossible. Seriously though, times are very tough throughout the industry. When companies are hiring, UPS is just as easy or just as hard to land a job as any other major airline out there.

Unlike a few years ago, there are quite a few unemployed and well qualified pilots for every pilot slot available at the few airlines that are still hiring. Getting hired at any one of them, including UPS, with just min time is...well, probably not going to happen.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Nope, I haven't seen it yet!

If it's like the Delta "Russian Beach Blanket", I'm sorry! haha

I spoke too soon, here it is!

aloft

Heh. Not exactly monumental either in the actual change or in their reasoning for it (although I guess the old box sealed with tape wouldn't have the same visual punch
). Had UPS not backed off on the furlough threat and then announced this change, I think they'd have had a serious pilot revolt on their hands.

Timbuff10

wow, what beautiful colors, still looks like used toilet paper to me. It is an upgrade and I do like the new shield they have though but if you are going to spend all that money to change it why not actually do something different?

Why is it that every airline (nearly) uses white as a base?

is white cheaper?

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
(nearly) uses white as a base?

is white cheaper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another conspiracy by "The Man" trying to hold my peoples down.

sbe

Well, I guess my monitor needed cleaning anyways...
That was stinkin' hilarious Doug!

Joe

Where'd ya find the pics? Ain't seen anything on AIRLINERS.NET yet... I'm sure that will change in a matter of hours though...

naunga

Working for a large U.S. paint company, I think that all the airlines should be using much more color on their planes.

Cheers.

Naunga

I_Money

I think the gold on the emblem and the orange on by the brown, need to be the same color. Just my $0.02

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
I think the gold on the emblem and the orange on by the brown, need to be the same color. Just my $0.02

[/ QUOTE ]

Brits... sheesh! Didn't we kick you guys out back in the 1700's haha aha!

I_Money

That was after we burnt down most of Washington D.C. since being let back in we have been very well behaved.