Helicopter crash in NYC

gne in prog

From the linked article, “I heard a crash and then I felt the ground shake. I started to see smoke from the top of the building,” he said.

Must have been some helicopter.

Baronman

I was out of LGA right before the crash. It was indeed about 600’ OVC. Also had some pretty good sheer coming through 200’Agl.

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love

Tim was past Chief of the East Clinton FD. Only knew him casually but worked a couple critical incident debriefings for his department (as primary or mutual aid responders). He was a decent man.

Nark

Sheepdog
They don’t crash into the roof of a skyscraper very often. People tend to be a little more sensitive towards aircraft crashing into buildings here for some reason.
They should be used to it by now. There have been quite a few over the years.
Waaaay back a DC456?
Um, that time some people did something
Baseball player dude

Top of my head for now.

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
“Tim McCormack (1961-2019) Clinton Volunteer Fire Department 1994-2019. Served as Chief of the department for 10 years. Tim was previously a member of the LaGrange Fire Department. Tim was a dedicated, highly professional and extremely well trained firefighter. Tim's technical knowledge and ability to command an emergency were exceptional. Chief McCormack was extremely respected by not only the members of the department, but throughout the Dutchess County fire service. Tim will be exceptionally missed by this department's members, not only for his leadership but for his wonderful sense of humor. Rest in Peace Brother.”

Cherokee_Cruiser

They should be used to it by now. There have been quite a few over the years.
Waaaay back a DC456?
Um, that time some people did something
Baseball player dude

Top of my head for now.

New York Air had a heli where the side gear/skid failed and their operating practice was to keep rotors running during deplaning/boarding for quicker operation. The heli fell on its side and it was “off with his head” for several people. One rotor flew off and into a building on the other side. One rotor came down in the side walk and killed a woman.

And that was the end of heli transports over Manhattan....

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
New York Air has a heli where the side gear/skid failed and their operating practice was to keep rotors running during deplaning/boarding for quicker operation. The heli fell on its side and it was “off with his head” for several people. One rotor flew off and into a building on the other side. One rotor came down in the side walk and killed a woman.

And that was the end of heli transports over Manhattan....
That was the JFK Pan Am shuttle iirc. Killed 5 people. No more rooftop helipads after that.

Edit: this one

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
Remember the man for a moment, or think of him, and then the incidents past?

Or maybe, should you pass suddenly, we could recall a Mohawk flight long-ago in the hills of Pennsylvania? Or something.

WTF?

A Life Aloft

Remember the man for a moment, or think of him, and then the incidents past?

Or maybe, should you pass suddenly, we could recall a Mohawk flight long-ago in the hills of Pennsylvania? Or something.

WTF?
Found a tribute and photo on the East Clinton Volunteer Fire Department's Facebook page. Hundreds have responded so far. Apparently he was a good, decent man, very loved and well respected. 3rd generation Firefighter. Sad.

Attachments