Headlamps

Low&Slow

Ancora imparo
My headlamp is a pos and I'm tired of dealing with it so I'm in the market for another one.
What do you use, and do you like it?

IMG_20180911_142943.jpg

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
What are you using it for? Because I have a headlamp like that and never use it. I did use the crap out of my maglight though.
Man, I picked up a little rechargeable black diamond one-like it so far. It’s just bright enough for night preflight and small enough that it can ride in a flight suit pocket without being annoying.

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
Man, I picked up a little rechargeable black diamond one-like it so far. It’s just bright enough for night preflight and small enough that it can ride in a flight suit pocket without being annoying.
Hahahaha! You have to wear a flightsuit!!!!!

I wish I had a flying job. I'd wear a flight suit if I had a flying job...

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Hahahaha! You have to wear a flightsuit!!!!!

I wish I had a flying job. I'd wear a flight suit if I had a flying job...
On the one hand, it’s ridiculously easy and @Boris Badenov loves them. On the other, the pockets are all in stupid places and it rides up in the crotch no matter what size you wear. If I really cared I’d be lobbying for EMS style tactical pants and a company T-shirt.

Last edited:

ppragman

Direct Yeska
On the one hand, it’s ridiculously easy and @Boris Badenov loves them. On the other, the pockets are all in stupid places and it rides up in the crotch no matter what size you wear. If I really cared I’d be lobbying for EMS style tactical pants and a company T-shirt.
Get them about 2 sizes too large so you can throw them on over pants and a t-shirt. In the summer you need 2 pairs that are just big enough to be worn over board shorts and a tank top.

Low&Slow

Ancora imparo
What are you using it for? Because I have a headlamp like that and never use it. I did use the crap out of my maglight though.
Hands-free illumination. I work in LOTS of dark, tight places like helicopter tailbooms, cabin ceiling, etc. I often work in places that my hands barely fit and a flashlight wouldn't. I usually need both hands for doing work, and I value my teeth, so I use a headlamp very often.
I had a better one made by Petzl for several years that was a gift, but I left it on top of my toolbox before going out to lunch earlier this year and it was gone when I came back to work. My bad. I should have locked it up like I always do.
I stopped at Meijer after work that day and picked up a cheap one thinking a headlamp is a headlamp. Nope.
So, then I thought, "well, it's a little different but I'll get used to it." Nope.
I'm about ready to throw this thing against a wall or shoot it with my 1911. I hate it for so many reasons. I hate it so much that I have found myself preferring to try doing work in the dark without it, or trying to do two-handed work with one hand because the other hand is holding my flashlight.
Both of those situations are frustrating and neither are usually very successful.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
Buy cheap. Buy often. Find one that you forget you're wearing. Mine is some weird miner thing that I found in a home improvement store in Klamath Falls, OR.