• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hawkers

ILS37R

I liked the one I flew.

As long as I didn't need to get anywhere fast.
Or get above weather in the first third of the flight.
Or stow baggage.
Or take-off on a hot day.
Or from a high-altitude airport.
Or have any maintenance done, ever.

Alright maybe I didn't like it that much. But the seats were comfy, the flight deck roomy, and it was smooth in cruise.

But those cup holders... what cup on earth were those infuriating things designed to hold?

I recently got typed and am flying a Honeywell equipped 800XP. Looking at its innards, particularly the hell hole etc, I would agree it looks like a nightmare to work on, but it does fly well. Ours has API winglets installed and the airplane climbs surprisingly well. We’ve come out of ASE with relatively little fuss and I’ve generally been impressed with it.
I should add,though, that I graduated to this aircraft from the Beechjet so probably not difficult to impress me at this stage.

Bp244

mikecweb

Third Generation Arizonan
I liked the one I flew.

As long as I didn't need to get anywhere fast.
Or get above weather in the first third of the flight.
Or stow baggage.
Or take-off on a hot day.
Or from a high-altitude airport.
Or have any maintenance done, ever.

Alright maybe I didn't like it that much. But the seats were comfy, the flight deck roomy, and it was smooth in cruise.

But those cup holders... what cup on earth were those infuriating things designed to hold?
Maybe roomy compared to a Lear.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
It's the only airplane I'm aware of that requires partial disassembly of and disconnecting flight control cables to remove/install the APU. And once you do get the APU loose it's hanging by a rope through the top of the fuselage with one guy on top, another inside and one more waiting to receive it outside. Once it's loose the guy inside is essentially trapped until it's out, more than one mechanic has gotten it jammed on the way out and ended up stuck.