Happy retirement!

Nick

The Spanish accent one
I'm so glad I saw this.

I remember the assortment of voices that got me into EWR on a regular basis (only occasionally do now) and of course the "Spanish accent one" stands out.

I also specifically remember a time when I was in the hold at Yardley enjoying a view of the neighborhood I grew up in every other turn, and we got a call from the cabin. We declared a medical emergency -- Spanish accent, "Proceed to GRIIIITY for 4R..." Just one of those memories that stands out for some reason, ha.

Congratulations, @N90-EWR. Well earned; thanks for the help up there over the years!

After 30 years at New York TRACON, starting as a no experience new hire, congrats to TX @N90-EWR on your retirement! You won’t be missed!

View attachment 48366
Chezuz H Christae! We're you dudes the inspiration - and stunt doubles - for Pushing Tin??

And while we're on the subject of movies, was that dude in the middle the stunt double for Colonel Kurtz in Apx-Now?

Yes or no, y'all should be receiving royalties.

Last edited:
You wish you could have a beard this glorious, thank you, and that’s a beer. And my wife is out of the country so I have to dress myself and it is difficult.
Total head fake!
No oculo-linguistic pun intended, but your avatar is soooo clean shaven.
I call bunk and disorderly!

N90-EWR

Chezuz H Christae! We're you dudes the inspiration - and stunt doubles - for Pushing Tin??

And while we're on the subject of movies, was that dude in the middle the stunt double for Colonel Kurtz in Apx-Now?

Yes or no, y'all should be receiving royalties.

I was around for the Pushing Tin fiasco, though thankfully I declined to participate in the interview (There was a NY Times magazine article written by a reporter that went to N90 that led to that movie being made) that preceeded the movie, and where a lot of the characters were picked fom.

Here's the article.... Something's Got to Give

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
I was around for the Pushing Tin fiasco, though thankfully I declined to participate in the interview (There was a NY Times magazine article written by a reporter that went to N90 that led to that movie being made) that preceeded the movie, and where a lot of the characters were picked fom.

Here's the article.... Something's Got to Give
I can’t picture Jorge as a trainee

N90-EWR

I can’t picture Jorge as a trainee

I was a trainee in the EWR area at the same time (I was a transfer from the Liberty area), but I declined to talk to the reporter, so no mention of me on the article, thus there would be no Spanish accent controller in the movie (thankfully so). :cool: