Hanging out with the FAs

Do you hang out with the flight attendants on overnights?

• Frequently

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Never

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Sometimes, it depends

Votes: 56 62.9%

• Total voters

Cherokee_Cruiser

Most guys I fly with are into sports, but I live in Atlanta so it’s often depressing conversation.

How do you lose when at half time you are up 21 to 3?!

And for the SEA lovers, how do you throw away the superbowl at the 1 yd line on 2nd down. I mean, WhoTF does that?!?!?! You freakin got beast mode behind you, why the [bleep] would you throw the ball at 36 inches?

Last edited:

GypsyPilot

One thing that I was surprised about with our industry was that I thought I could talk sports with mostly anyone. Except in our industry like 90% of the people could care less. That's why I love flying with the Aussies.
Sports? Sure, if we can talk about F1, WRC, MotoGP, etc! Baseball, football, or NBA? Boring and I definitely don’t care.

Fortunately my international base is pretty cool and a surprisingly high percentage are into motorsports and athletic travel adventures.

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
Sports? Sure, if we can talk about F1, WRC, MotoGP, etc! Baseball, football, or NBA? Boring and I definitely don’t care.

Fortunately my international base is pretty cool and a surprisingly high percentage are into motorsports and athletic travel adventures.
The Aussies can talk F1 like no other :biggrin: But NFL, NHL, College FB are all my cup of tea as well.

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
It’s a mixed bag here. With only 3 of us, you can get a great crew, or some duds. I had 1 captain who has a “crew entertainment fund” that he uses to treat the FO / FA to steaks...that was pretty cool. Usually it’s just me and the captain grabbing a beer. Or it was a 5 leg regional day from hell in the CRJ that started with a 0515 show...screw you people, I’m taking a shower and going to sleep. I have 3 kids at home, I use work to sleep in peace and quiet.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun

I don’t care about any of those, but if I’m hanging with my buddies who do I’ll ask questions and listen and let them talk. It builds rapport and it can still be fun.

ChasenSFO

hen teaser
Where do they stay in PPT? Have they made it to Bora Bora or just go to Moorea?
They stay in a really cool resort, and of course the next time my friend goes and invited me with a buddy pass is the day I bought a random $90 ticket to Vegas during a Southwest sale. I do plan to go with him the next time he gets the trip. As far as the layover, know they hop on Air Tahiti ATRs sometimes so probably go to Bora Bora, but if it is a 2-day layover I think they go to Moorea, ATV around the island, party on a floating island, do all sorts of cool stuff in the area.

ian

I’m indifferent.

Yes, no, whatever.

Hell, a good amount of copilots I have little interest in hanging out with if they’re“socially challenged” and no, I don’t want to talk contract during dinner, see printed pictures of the garage you’re building and no, you’re not bringing your five day old hot dish to the bar with me. “can I get a set of silverware? You don’t mind if I eat this here do you bartender?”

I’m happy in a (good) group, I am happy absolutely alone.
but do you talk about your tesla?