Ham Radio Operators

Hondo Calrissian

I love chicken wings and beer....
Hello all!

I know this has been posted in the past by me but I know we have a lot of new people out there!

I was wondering how many dispatchers out have there ham radio license? I am thinking of starting a Facebook group for dispatchers who have their licence.

73's
Todd
KC7ZIE/DM25

drunkenbeagle

Gang Member
Not a dispatcher, but KB1DET here, amateur extra. I'm sad that 2 meter is pretty much dead, and HF is in the worst sunspot cycle of my lifetime :(

Hondo Calrissian

Not a dispatcher, but KB1DET here, amateur extra. I'm sad that 2 meter is pretty much dead, and HF is in the worst sunspot cycle of my lifetime :(
HF had been bad for some time, a few weeks ago I was on 40 meters, saw my SDR spike and heard a guy call CQ from ANC, by the time we exchange call signs and started a QSO - it closed just as quick as it opened. 6 meters SSB has had sporadic openings.

When you talk about 2 meters being dead, are you talking about SSB or the repeaters?

I was opening to have my extra but June but since they are not doing testing - going to have to get a new book and study the new question pool.

Papa Whiskey

Alright, you pulled my first post out of me....
N4PWS
My buddy got me into it enough to memorize the questions to get the license. He gets on DMR to chat from some states away once in a while. Still been meaning to learn more about it.

drunkenbeagle

Gang Member
No sunspots is bad for HF? I would have thought the opposite.
Yeah - sunspots mean higher solar activity, which is good for reflecting HF in the ionosphere. No sunspots = bad propagation. You can still work weak signals off the moon or small meteorites, but this works better with the newer digital modes.

Hondo Calrissian

Alright, you pulled my first post out of me....
N4PWS
My buddy got me into it enough to memorize the questions to get the license. He gets on DMR to chat from some states away once in a while. Still been meaning to learn more about it.
I am not a big fan of DMR - I am mostly on D-Star including D-Star HF.

Fireyafterburner

Not a dispatcher yet. Passed the written and I've been stalling forever on enrolling in an online course. Probably would be a good time to.

de W2QFR

Hondo Calrissian

Not a dispatcher yet. Passed the written and I've been stalling forever on enrolling in an online course. Probably would be a good time to.

de W2QFR
Nice QRZ profile...a few days ago, I heard a station in NY on 40 meters. Bands have been strange the last few weeks.

Reach out to me on QRZ...

73’s
KC7ZIE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk