• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Gulfstream or Falcon jobs

STS-41B

I know probably "networking" and "word of mouth" are the key..
how does one find a Gulfstream-IV or V or Dassault Falcon job?? I think both are beautiful airplanes and have always wanted to fly either; but unlike companies like NetJets or XO they don't seem to ever be advertised...

Stone Cold

A bathroom up front would be nice. The freedom to drink as much coffee as I want is really my only goal in this industry!
Eh, we have a lav up front. It's used for storage, as I'm sure most are on Gulfstreams. It's a pain to use since you have to unload all the crap the FA put in there. It's easier to do the walk of shame and talk to the boss while up.

Last edited:

knot4u

Repeat Offender
Eh, we have a lav up front. It's used for storage, as I'm sure most are on Gulfstreams. It's a pain to use since you have to unload all the crap the FA put in there. It's easier to do the walk of shame and talk to the boss while up.
Try weighing a Gulfstream, the sheer amount of "stuff" that has to be off-loaded (sometimes in an ungracious manner) boggles the mind and makes one wonder if the flight crew actually knows how much weight they are actually taking into the air. Every nook and cranny, to borrow a phrase, will have sodas, blankets, snacks, headphones, liquor, batteries, cards, water, napkins, lotions, cleaning supplies and anything else they feel will enhance the passengers experience. Sometimes it seems like they are lost angels trying to find their way, but they start building a nest in an airplane.

KLB

Try weighing a Gulfstream, the sheer amount of "stuff" that has to be off-loaded (sometimes in an ungracious manner) boggles the mind and makes one wonder if the flight crew actually knows how much weight they are actually taking into the air. Every nook and cranny, to borrow a phrase, will have sodas, blankets, snacks, headphones, liquor, batteries, cards, water, napkins, lotions, cleaning supplies and anything else they feel will enhance the passengers experience. Sometimes it seems like they are lost angels trying to find their way, but they start building a nest in an airplane.
Our birds are packed full of crap also! I'd say that we could definitely consolidate down some. But it never fails that as soon as you remove an item, the customer will want said item on the next leg.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Screwit just weigh it with that crap in there and notate it on the weight and balance

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
I'd like to, but the AMM is the AMM. I'd rather not deal with any of it anymore.
Huh. I guess things are more lenient in light airplane land. The sick sacks, cargo net, tub full of tiedown gear, and tail stand travel in the airplane all the time so it gets weighed with them in.

KLB

Huh. I guess things are more lenient in light airplane land. The sick sacks, cargo net, tub full of tiedown gear, and tail stand travel in the airplane all the time so it gets weighed with them in.
That's how it was done at AMF, but corporate aircraft have a crap ton of more crap. Its a real pain putting things away after a weighing. Every area has,something in it. The bigger the plane the more excess stuff that gets carried.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
That's how it was done at AMF, but corporate aircraft have a crap ton of more crap. Its a real pain putting things away after a weighing. Every area has,something in it. The bigger the plane the more excess stuff that gets carried.
The key word in your post being "crap", cabin crew can be very creative when it comes to storing things. I've always tried to get ops to come unload all of it so they can put it back where they think it belongs, it's kind of a sticky point. The AMM says what's going to be in the airplane when we weigh it, nothing less, nothing more. If you don't want a bunch of grease monkeys eating the snacks, throwing away extension cords and basically not caring about which drawer all of that stuff came from then de-stock it yourself, it's not our job and we aren't going to do it.

KLB

The key word in your post being "crap", cabin crew can be very creative when it comes to storing things. I've always tried to get ops to come unload all of it so they can put it back where they think it belongs, it's kind of a sticky point. The AMM says what's going to be in the airplane when we weigh it, nothing less, nothing more. If you don't want a bunch of grease monkeys eating the snacks, throwing away extension cords and basically not caring about which drawer all of that stuff came from then de-stock it yourself, it's not our job and we aren't going to do it.

I have had a maintenance tech try to put things back where it belonged. It wasn't a pretty site. LOL

To the OP, if you like the Berkshires and are still looking, Lyon Aviation in MA has 2 IVs, a V, and 2 Falcon 50s. I can tell you the IV's are currently very understaffed, as are the 50s I believe. They aren't advertising to my knowledge but my last chat with the new CP confirmed they have spots to fill.

AAPalmTree

I get it but.. I’d be pissed if I bought a jet with two bathrooms and people were ace’ing out my bathroom.