Guardian Flight Missing - King Air 200 - Kale Alaska. 1/29/19

z987k

I also saw the NTSB is bringing up a ping detector to try to find the CVR (didn’t realize a KA200 had one of those tbh).
They usually don't. 13LY was our newest shinnyest bird when I left. Maybe it did.
There are conditions 135 requires it so it would make sense that it be an option.

Boris Badenov

He comes to save the day in a broken truck.
I'm not a sniffler by nature and I'll still cut you if you even mention "High Flight" when I biff it, but I do hate to hear about these things. Some dude with a big bank account kills himself outrunning his talent with his speed and it's all "he was a pioneer, gone before his time!". Medevac digs in the dirt and it's pretty much behind the fold, B14. Only flying I've ever done that made me give a steaming turd about whether we got in on time or not. Hope they find that black box (also, yeah, wtf, they had one?)

Capt. Chaos

I'm not a sniffler by nature and I'll still cut you if you even mention "High Flight" when I biff it, but I do hate to hear about these things. Some dude with a big bank account kills himself outrunning his talent with his speed and it's all "he was a pioneer, gone before his time!". Medevac digs in the dirt and it's pretty much behind the fold, B14. Only flying I've ever done that made me give a steaming turd about whether we got in on time or not. Hope they find that black box (also, yeah, wtf, they had one?)
Up here it was is still is major news. Candlelight vigils all over the state, special Facebook pics etc.. a reminder that Alaska really is one big small town. Hopefully it’s not down in the 2000-3000ft depths so recovery is a possibility.

z987k

Up here it was is still is major news. Candlelight vigils all over the state, special Facebook pics etc.. a reminder that Alaska really is one big small town. Hopefully it’s not down in the 2000-3000ft depths so recovery is a possibility.
They're talking remote sub to go find it.

deadstick

Hope they find that black box (also, yeah, wtf, they had one?)
I was mistaken in my earlier post. We had to replace our CVR, not the ELT, and had to swap the pinger over to the new unit. The KA’s came from the factory like that starting in the late 90’s.