Great Lakes 135 operation

Mavmb

Essential air service and government bailouts. That is what keeps bad businesses like Great Lakes alive. It is better to not bail them out since these places fail for a reason.

av8tr1

"Never tell me the odds!"
Essential air service and government bailouts. That is what keeps bad businesses like Great Lakes alive. It is better to not bail them out since these places fail for a reason.
And yet even with EAS Seapot was so bad they went out of business owning millions. Almost all of their routes were EAS. And yet they still failed spectacularly.

hook_dupin

I don't see the 5% margin of EAS as that good of a deal.

hook_dupin

If it was up to network planning departments of certain legacy carriers, Mesa would be the only regional to "survive the franchise wars"
I offer that part of the Legacy strategy is to have many regionals that compete against each other in the FFD game.

FloridaLarry

I offer that part of the Legacy strategy is to have many regionals that compete against each other in the FFD game.
Agreed. And for some, to own a few regionals to move the fulcrum in their favor for more leverage in (1.) negotiations, (2.) in case of labor / business problems and (3.) to increase their 'farm-team' approach to cockpit staffing.