Got CFI: Next Move?

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
On the CMEL the most relevant question is which aircraft is more reliable. Flight school twins tend to be mx hogs and you don’t want to have checkride and training headaches due to an airplane being down.
Hmm. Might be a toss-up. One is an older airplane with limited factory support...the other is a Diamond. :)

@Roger Roger - the Diamond does have diesels, though....

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Hmm. Might be a toss-up. One is an older airplane with limited factory support...the other is a Diamond. :)

@Roger Roger - the Diamond does have diesels, though....
The diesels are neat. I last tangled with DA42s almost 10 years ago, but I know my old school finally gave up on them (after trying both the “A-model” Thielerts and the Lycs) and bought Seminoles because of dispatch reliability. It’s an ok flying airplane with some....unique characteristics. When it comes to twins I love that ol Navajo tho...

BigZ

Thanks for all the input, you guys.

As it stands, right now I'm going to pursue -II first, but I'm gonna kill a few birds with one stone here.

- Earn the -II - so that I can teach IR students and get a small raise as a result. :)
- Use the training for the -II as an IPC for currency. Figure my instructor shouldn't have a problem with that, right?

We have a 182T w/ G1000 that I've not been checked out in yet, but would like to teach in and fly. We also have a Redbird FMX that has a 182T panel, so I think it might make sense to do at least part of this training in that config/combo, because the school will absorb some of the checkout costs for me to do this. If I can combine things, it makes sense for everyone.

Now...when it comes time to do the CMEL the *real* question is this:

-Use the DA-42 (with FADEC!)
-Use the GA-7 Cougar

Hmmm.....

These are good problems to have. :)
I like Diamonds but that other one would make for some great conversation starters...
"I had so much fun with that cougar"