Got a Spare Hour or Two?

trafficinsight

Are you implying it was never a tailwheel? The Beech 18 was originally designed and manufactured as a conventional gear airplane. Then some guy incapable of operating a manual transmission came along and decided that it needed to be a nosedragger.
Later production came from the factory with tricycle gear as an option.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

z987k

Are you implying it was never a tailwheel? The Beech 18 was originally designed and manufactured as a conventional gear airplane. Then some guy incapable of operating a manual transmission came along and decided that it needed to be a nosedragger.
The real shame is all the garret converted ones also became nose draggers. Turboliners.
The westwind conversion with the pile of garbage known as a pt6 kept the tailwheel.

In effect both versions suck.

Itchy

No, I'm implying it left the factory without one.

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
No, I'm implying it left the factory without one.
Ah gotcha, I didn't know if this was one of the later production models, or a conversion. My apologies.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.