Good times w/MSFS2002

flyitup

Uhh.. Dude, don't you know you're supposed to check your little virtual cockpit for "three green"!!

aloft

The scenery's stock actually, straight out of the box.

And flyitup, it's "400 feet, gear down, stabilized."

Ahhhhh.....

chrisdahut1

Could anyone tell me which joystick/yoke is the best to use with MS flightsim? Seems like every one I buy is always too sensitive.

aloft- Nice landings! Just don't let the virtual FAA get a hold of the first picture. Otherwise your virtually screwed.

Cheechako

I bought the MS Sidewinder joystick and it works great with FS2002. It's a little pricey (~$40), but worth it. It's not too sensitive, but you won't overcontrol with it. The key in FS2002 is trim, trim, trim. Just like real life, eh?

I need to play around a bit with some screen shots. That looks like fun.

ready2fly

I have the CH Products USB with the Throttle, Prop & mixture controls. Works great for me!!

Aloft - where did you get the downloads for the RJ????? Do tell!!

mfloyd

Anyone know where there is an IFR cadet for download? Along those lines, how far backward compatible are aircraft (eg - can you use FS 2000 aircraft with 2002)? Is it easy to swap out instruments (eg a HSI for the HI)? Sorry for all the questions..... if you know of a good info resource on the net, please post the link.

Mark

kostcoguy

Wow those are some good graphics. I am still stuck with FS98. haha, saving up for flight training for my private. Maybe I will have to spair some money and buy FS2002, is it worth it? And maybe 40 more to buy a good joystick, I am using my keyboard because my past two joysticks were horrible.

G

When you get to the a/c section there should be a link that says image and then to the right of that there should be another one that says download...click download

drumminpilot

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I will have to spair some money and buy FS2002, is it worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read where 2003 is supposed to come out sometime soon. I'd save your money and buy that one. It's supposed to kick 2002's butt, and, the ATC quirks in 2002 are supposed to be fixed.

MissedApproach

[ QUOTE ]
I am using my keyboard because my past two joysticks were horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww, dude, there's no point if you dont have a joystick. Flying with keys is like flying only by adjusting the trim. Even a crappy joystick has to beat using the keys! Makes for some interesting landings I bet!

maniacmatt

Oh...I see what I did!

The first one I tried to download was the Northwest CRJ, and I clicked on the "wing fix" instead of the aircraft above it.

Heh...I'm intelligent.

E_Dawg

[ QUOTE ]
I am using my keyboard because my past two joysticks were horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. My joystick was so bad I just ripped it out and threw it in the trash. Oh well it was only $10; maybe I'll save up and get another one!