GoJet vs. TransStates

FM-2 Fan

Does anyone know what the cultures at GoJet and TransStates are like? Are they similar since they're both TSH? Are they different? I know that they work in the same building near the airport, but their NOCs are on different floors. Does anyone have inside knowledge of the two?

A1TAPE

What would the possiblity be of GoJet and TSA ever merging? I know G7 was created to get around a scope clause but what would the odds be of a merger?

F

Flying Saluki

What would the possiblity be of GoJet and TSA ever merging? I know G7 was created to get around a scope clause but what would the odds be of a merger?
You’re putting the cart before the horse again. First get your certificate. Then get a job. Then pass training. Then pass probation. Then you can worry all you want about this merger, or that bankruptcy, or the other shutdown.

Does anyone know what the cultures at GoJet and TransStates are like? Are they similar since they're both TSH? Are they different? I know that they work in the same building near the airport, but their NOCs are on different floors. Does anyone have inside knowledge of the two?
I worked at GoJet for a couple of years, and I can tell you that the culture is no different between the two airlines. Both have very new dispatchers, both have high turnover, and both have jaded management. The experience is really what you make of it. They both have ample opportunity for higher level positions which I suggest you to take when the opportunity arises.

I worked at GoJet for a couple of years, and I can tell you that the culture is no different between the two airlines. Both have very new dispatchers, both have high turnover, and both have jaded management. The experience is really what you make of it. They both have ample opportunity for higher level positions which I suggest you to take when the opportunity arises.
Sounds like just about every regional

pcstan

Stupidly Optimistic
Good morning FM-2 Fan,

I work at Trans States. We're in the same building as GoJet and owned by the same guy - Hulas Kanodia. Trans States/GoJet/Compass are all owned by the same guy. It's a regional airline. There are NO great regional airlines. Like any job, there are good folks and bad folks, lazy folks and hard-working folks, young folks and older folks, bitchy folks and happy folks. You get the idea.

A lot of people let circumstances dictate their quality of life. As always, that's up to YOU! Your attitude dictates your experience. Sure, there ARE crappy, bitchy, horrible days. There are also fun, happy and great days. Even the majors have these extremes. There is no airline nirvana. We sometimes get together for grilling, ball games (Go Cards!), movies, whatever. Some people like to socialize and some keep to themselves. We've got hikers, bird watchers, photographers, pilots, wood workers, plane builders, sports fans, firearms enthusiasts, animal lovers, vegetarians, carnivores, hunters, fishermen, flight sim fans, gamers... the list goes on. Like anywhere, bad weather days suck. VFR days are sweeeet! Broken planes suck. ACARS deferred aircraft suck. "Clear and a million" days are great. Day trades/shift swaps are pretty easy to get if you need time for something.

If you're looking to make a career of this then this will probably be a stepping stone to the majors (unless you fall in love with St Louis and want to stay). Count on 3 years minimum. Our record is 364 days from here to United (with an "in"). Some folks have been here 5 years. Some folks have been here 10+ years and have made this their home. There are opportunities for advancement and diverse operational "hats" such as dispatch instructor, check airman, key user, supervisor, etc. The shifts are 10 hours, 4 on, 3 off. OT is available. I think we start at $16. You won't get rich but you can make a good life. Many of us have bought houses. It's cheaper than rent and the market is pretty good right now.

GoJet is very similar. I have a few friends up there and things are about the same... happy folks, grumpy folks, good days, bad days, etc. However, Trans States is better because we have a dog! She's a service dog for one of the guys here and she helps de-stress just about everybody.
Harley.jpg

Like most things, the job is what you make of it. You can have a good experience here. I have. Many others have. There are also those that hate it here. I choose to make the best of my experience. Be on time, treat people kindly and with respect, do your job, bitch appropriately, thank others, help out when you can, and don't create problems: Do these things and you'll probably have a good time here - like anywhere.

Good luck wherever you land!

FM-2 Fan

Good morning FM-2 Fan,

I work at Trans States. We're in the same building as GoJet and owned by the same guy - Hulas Kanodia. Trans States/GoJet/Compass are all owned by the same guy. It's a regional airline. There are NO great regional airlines. Like any job, there are good folks and bad folks, lazy folks and hard-working folks, young folks and older folks, bitchy folks and happy folks. You get the idea.

A lot of people let circumstances dictate their quality of life. As always, that's up to YOU! Your attitude dictates your experience. Sure, there ARE crappy, bitchy, horrible days. There are also fun, happy and great days. Even the majors have these extremes. There is no airline nirvana. We sometimes get together for grilling, ball games (Go Cards!), movies, whatever. Some people like to socialize and some keep to themselves. We've got hikers, bird watchers, photographers, pilots, wood workers, plane builders, sports fans, firearms enthusiasts, animal lovers, vegetarians, carnivores, hunters, fishermen, flight sim fans, gamers... the list goes on. Like anywhere, bad weather days suck. VFR days are sweeeet! Broken planes suck. ACARS deferred aircraft suck. "Clear and a million" days are great. Day trades/shift swaps are pretty easy to get if you need time for something.

If you're looking to make a career of this then this will probably be a stepping stone to the majors (unless you fall in love with St Louis and want to stay). Count on 3 years minimum. Our record is 364 days from here to United (with an "in"). Some folks have been here 5 years. Some folks have been here 10+ years and have made this their home. There are opportunities for advancement and diverse operational "hats" such as dispatch instructor, check airman, key user, supervisor, etc. The shifts are 10 hours, 4 on, 3 off. OT is available. I think we start at $16. You won't get rich but you can make a good life. Many of us have bought houses. It's cheaper than rent and the market is pretty good right now.

GoJet is very similar. I have a few friends up there and things are about the same... happy folks, grumpy folks, good days, bad days, etc. However, Trans States is better because we have a dog! She's a service dog for one of the guys here and she helps de-stress just about everybody. View attachment 42849

Like most things, the job is what you make of it. You can have a good experience here. I have. Many others have. There are also those that hate it here. I choose to make the best of my experience. Be on time, treat people kindly and with respect, do your job, bitch appropriately, thank others, help out when you can, and don't create problems: Do these things and you'll probably have a good time here - like anywhere.

Thanks for the thoughtful answer. That's exactly what I was looking for in my OP. Like the dog too!

Good morning FM-2 Fan,

GoJet is very similar. I have a few friends up there and things are about the same... happy folks, grumpy folks, good days, bad days, etc. However, Trans States is better because we have a dog! She's a service dog for one of the guys here and she helps de-stress just about everybody. View attachment 42849

I personally loved living in St. Louis. Would live there again in a heartbeat, honestly.

manniax

Well-met in the Ka-tet
There is no airline nirvana.
This is true, but most dispatch offices let you listen to music on your headphones while at work, so you could get your Nirvana fix in then. :cool:

Great post summarizing regional life. I wish we had a dog in the office at my major!