Going to regional for flow or CPP?

Zidac

Sure thing, kiddo.
You think that as an outsider, you’re more familiar with what’s going on here? :rolleyes: You aren’t, and your post shows that.

ExpressJet was in big trouble for years, but it’s changing. Sorry it didn’t work out for you here, but your experience isn’t an indicator of future performance. United didn’t heavily invest in the company with the intention of killing it.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
You think that as an outsider, you’re more familiar with what’s going on here? :rolleyes: You aren’t, and your post shows that.

ExpressJet was in big trouble for years, but it’s changing. Sorry it didn’t work out for you here, but your experience isn’t an indicator of future performance. United didn’t heavily invest in the company with the intention of killing it.
Are you a recruiter? Those guys seem to lie the most in recent history.

You think I don't have friends still there? Everything you're saying is the exact opposite of what my buddies are telling me, and forgive me, but I trust them more than some random bro on the internet.

United hasn't heavily invested in anything. They sunk the cost of one 737-900 into the airline, which is pennies on the balance sheet. They took airplanes they had already purchased and awarded them to XJT, and only a de minimis number.

I loved working at ExpressJet, it was a great airline when I was hired. But even when I came back from furlough, some fundamental things had changed. Skywest ran the airline into the ground, and maybe United lets it stick around for a while. But almost every other regional in the industry provides better advancement opportunities going forward.

I'm not happy about that fact. It's sad that a once great airline has been picked apart the way ExpressJet has. But just because ExpressJet has a great group of pilots doesn't mean anyone going there today will find more success in their career than going to almost any other regional. I think the opposite, to tell you the truth.

Yakob

Grand Prognosticator Nominee
United didn’t heavily invest in the company with the intention of killing it.
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I hear the same thing about United's investment in my company. The place is still a mess, even by Regional standards, and seemingly always will be.

I'll bet people said the same thing about Delta's investment in Comair, or Midwest's investment in Skyway, and probably even SkyWest's investment in ExpressJet when they owned it.

ExpressJet was in big trouble for years, but it’s changing.
I hope you're right, but certainly ExpressJet is still shrinking and losing aircraft to CommutAir.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I hear the same thing about United's investment in my company. The place is still a mess, even by Regional standards, and seemingly always will be.

I'll bet people said the same thing about Delta's investment in Comair, or Midwest's investment in Skyway, and probably even SkyWest's investment in ExpressJet when they owned it.

I hope you're right, but certainly ExpressJet is still shrinking and losing aircraft to CommutAir.
It was morning at ExpressJet when Skywest bought the airline.

Until a few hours later when we realized that the MEC had sold out the scope clause and we'd never integrate with Skywest, only to wither away.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Good friend of mine hired Dec '06 at XJT left 2 yrs ago for flyDubai. I don't think he had any faith in the CPP or whatever it's called, and it was crickets here from the big 6 carriers. I don't blame him one bit.