Georgetown, Guyana

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Great pics man!

We were just discussing GEO today on the crossing because no one's heard any gouge on it yet.

2-points if anyone can tell me how I know it was FlyingSig's leg!

FlyingSig

Here's what you need to know about GEO:

1.) it rains for 5 minutes at a time, 4 times a day, every day

2.) El Dorado rum costs $1, a coke costs $4

3.) The only thing there is downtown is an old wooden church.

4.) However... if you can get 4 people together for $115 each , you can take a boat down the river to catch a caravan that takes you to a grass strip where you hike through the Amazon to some 700' tall waterfall and can go swimming in a crystal clear lagoon. Unfortuatly we didn't have enough people because crew skeds made our FA's work the flight back because of some no show's.

JA Yawd Bwoy

Great pics! Nice to have some Caribbean (well sorta,CARICOM) destination pics for a change, btw how is the food?

FlyingSig

Ate dinner at the hotel and it was fine.... didn't really eat outside of the hotel but there were plenty of resturaunts around that I would have been fine with.

FlyingSig

Lol... it was some sort of omlet going both ways.... strange to eat eggs at 3am, but whatever :whatever: return flight was supposed to leave at 9am so thus the breakfast both ways.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Oh man, that's too funny. I know that captain! ;) I still remember when he was just a lowly FO like the rest of us!

BCTAv8r

Why do some pilots wear hats in the cockpit. I can understand the obvious answer but in that picture the sun doesn't seem to be a factor.