1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Question Re: Job Seeking

Discussion in 'Jobs Needed' started by Omar, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Omar

Omar Well-Known Member

Ive noticed that for some jobs people say they were hired even though they did not have the posted required time for the position.

Generally speaking, would it hurt me or make me look unprofessional to, say, apply for a job where it’s posted that they’re seeking candidates with 300TT when I only have 260, for example? Is that a normal thing or frowned upon?

I’m still new (working on my commercials now), so just trying to up my “read between the lines” industry knowledge, so to speak.

Thanks in advance.

2. 35Right

35Right Well-Known Member

It depends. Some jobs require a given amount of hours due to the regulations under which they operate (IFR Part 135 requires 1200 hours TT, 500 XC, etc). If you are applying for a job below the legal requirement, it would show the employer you are interested but may also indicate to them that you don't have an adequate undestanding of regulations.

Other jobs that require only a commercial certificate (skydiving, pipeline, etc) may only have insurance mandated minimums. In this case, you still couldnt be hired, but it would show your interest to an employer without demonstrating a lack of knowledge. In short, understand why the minimums exist and proceed accordingly.

BigZ likes this.