Gatwick closed due to drones

knot4u

Repeat Offender
If amazons evil plans to infiltrate our neighborhoods with drones come to fruition be assured there are those amongst you that have already figured out ways to disrupt them with absolutely no physical evidence. There is no valid reason to start treating your street like a skeet/trap range. Drones are fragile, a firearm is overkill. Leave your guns in the safe.

If amazons evil plans to infiltrate our neighborhoods with drones come to fruition be assured there are those amongst you that have already figured out ways to disrupt them with absolutely no physical evidence. There is no valid reason to start treating your street like a skeet/trap range. Drones are fragile, a firearm is overkill. Leave your guns in the safe.
Week one of Amazon's rollout is going to be rough. There will be fatalities. Packages will have GPS trackers and microdot based identification to stop theft. They'll lose a lot of drones to technically advanced theft too. But it's Amazon, they don't need to make money.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
Week one of Amazon's rollout is going to be rough. There will be fatalities. Packages will have GPS trackers and microdot based identification to stop theft. They'll lose a lot of drones to technically advanced theft too. But it's Amazon, they don't need to make money.
Some people will try to profit by stealing the drones and their cargo, those are criminals. The people they should be worried about are the ones who feel as if they're defending their quality of life and will be satisfied with the absence of the noise and won't give a care about what happens to the drone or it's cargo. If a drone drops out of the sky for no apparent reason and nobody tries to take anything who do you blame?

Beep

Class action lawsuit
:)

knot4u

Repeat Offender
All you need is a big net and a hammer. Even a paintball gun would probably be sufficient
I have a feeling that might somehow come back to haunt you. I'd suggest a much less physical response, imagine if there was a means that would just cause it to drop out of the sky.

Beep

That's certainly one option, it would end up in court forever due to amazons immense ability to pay lawyers to waste time. It could work if they weren't allowed to utilize drones until the case was resolved.
I can just picture it now, J. Beezos sitting at a desk writing checks after having paid the attorney fees “ pay to the order of Iron Balls Mcginty, four dollars and TWO CENTS! “

knot4u

Repeat Offender
I can just picture it now, J. Beezos sitting at a desk writing checks after having paid the attorney fees “ pay to the order of Iron Balls Mcginty, four dollars and TWO CENTS! “
I'd be fine with any scenario that keeps drones out of my neighborhood delivering packages. They've already proposed some ideas I like, such as the vending machine style kiosk at your local supermarket, or other convenient location. You can walk up and input a code specific to your package and the machine presents it. To me personally that option also alleviates several issues, porch pirates and horrible contracted delivery drivers that drive like maniacs in residential neighborhoods. If you can't get off your ass to go to a very local pickup point you don't want whatever you ordered that badly.

tomokc

They've already proposed some ideas I like, such as the vending machine style kiosk at your local supermarket, or other convenient location. You can walk up and input a code specific to your package and the machine presents it.
These lockers are already in Whole Foods stores, now owned by Amazon. You can also use them to send packages. It reduces the cost & delivery time for the “last mile” while inducing people to shop for groceries.

nibake

Powder hound
How about a bigger, faster, more powerful drone that just flies up on the target, then forces it down with it's own downwash, sort of a "settling with power" scenario. As long as the aggressor drone has enough power to keep from crashing itself, problem solved!

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
How about a bigger, faster, more powerful drone that just flies up on the target, then forces it down with it's own downwash, sort of a "settling with power" scenario. As long as the aggressor drone has enough power to keep from crashing itself, problem solved!
Just give the big drone s big claw it can grab on to the smaller drone with and catch it

knot4u

Repeat Offender
The last thing I'd like to see and hear in my neighborhood is a drone war, I think you've missed the point.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
These lockers are already in Whole Foods stores, now owned by Amazon. You can also use them to send packages. It reduces the cost & delivery time for the “last mile” while inducing people to shop for groceries.
This is the avenue that amazon should pursue, it is convenient and secure. No more "Porch Pirates". I'm probably on the older portion of the spectrum of users here but I'm still willing to get off my ass and trundle down to the local market to pick up my goods. The drones that begin to invade my space will be dealt with appropriately.

Lawman

This is the avenue that amazon should pursue, it is convenient and secure. No more "Porch Pirates". I'm probably on the older portion of the spectrum of users here but I'm still willing to get off my ass and trundle down to the local market to pick up my goods. The drones that begin to invade my space will be dealt with appropriately.
Amazon should take a lesson from Walmart with the sit in your car and we will bring it to you model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk