Gain time-US or Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hello to all, I have made up my mind and will begin my pilot program (ppl, commercial, frozen atpl,multiengine, and instruments, with 200 hrs) on september 17, here in Portugal. My question is what to do after? I will have to gain more time, and jobs here in Portugal are scarse. Solution 1 would be to acheive a flight instructor rating and work as FI here in Portugal, but I don´t think I would fly so much , and definitely not multi time! The course costs 6600USD.
Solution 2 would be to go tothe US, convert my commercial, or atp license,to FAA and work there as either instructor, or try to ge a job flying multi hopefully (the course only includes 18hrs multi).What could be the costs of this?
What do you think is the best solution?
With a FAA and a Jaa licence I could work anywhere in the world, and It might be easier to ge a job flying complex aircraft in africa or asia after gaining experience in us? Help!!!
Best regards to all, Pedro.
Ian how is the BA deal going? You in yet?
I got turned down remember me? Best of luck

I_Money

All is going well with BA, I recieved a letter from them last week requesting more information about my education. Hopefully I will hear something when I get back to the UK.
About your question, I would jump that hurdle when it arrives, you do not know what is going to happen between now and then and you might just get lucky and get a great job in Portugal.

hellmuth

Hello Pedro!
Is that a typo in your message or what? How much does the entire course cost that your taking in Portugal? 6600 USD or did you mean $66,000? If it's correct what you wrote then tell me where the school is because I'll come directly over! I sadly can't believe that it's true. As to your question of whether or not you should transfer your JAA to FAA certificates, it does cost a bundle of money, but atleast it's less than if you were to reverse the process and transfer FAA tags to JAA approved ones. Post a message about the cost of the flight school that your attending. Good luck!

hellmuth

Oops! You mean the instructor course costs $6600. That's more reasonable. Still one question though: how do you plan to finance your training? Just wanted to ask as I am having difficulties finding sources for the high costs of flight training.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hello, Hellmuth sorry I didn]t reply ssoner but I have been a little busy at my regular job as a junior programmer.
Well you are right I am paying about 31000 USD for my pilot course, and the instructor course costs an extra 6600USD.
I am still figuring out how at the end of the year I will pay the last couple thousand dollars, but If I didn]t sign up I would be hitting myself on the head forever...Eventually I will take a bank loan for the instructor and some money for the other course. Meanwhile I just sold my motorcycle today, and I am saving all my money....
Reagarding the after hours, i figure that if i do the instructor course i would be invited to instruct at the school, or else then I would have to consider going to the states and trying my luck there.
I figure that after the course I will be applying for jobs all over the world in order to be able to work, if I can]t get a job here!!! So I am a bit scared, but anyway I will be doing what I like, and if I don]t run any chances, then I would never do this and would be very upset for the next 10 years of my life...
What about you what are the costs like for you, where are you planning to work.
Best of luck, pedro.

hellmuth

Hello Pedro!
$33,000 for a full integrated course from 0 hours flying experience all the way to a frozen ATPL? Could you give me a few more details concerning the school? Does it have a website? You've awakened my interest in this school and I would really like to learn some more about it. If the price is correct and there are no catches, then it sounds like you found a pretty good deal! What is the school called and where is it located? Which language will the courses be taught in (is english an option)? Thanks for the info!

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Hellmuth I think the sites are www.aerocondor.pt or www.leavia.pt (My school)-Jaa european licences...The courses are taught in Portuguese which could be a problem...The course includes 192hrs flight time 18 multi.I can check, to make sure anything in particular let me know...Oh I think the course forf this year at my school is fully booked!16 people the other school has many moire students, so the teaching isn´t so much one on one...

Leo-Já respondi a sua mensagem, é bom falar Portugues num site destes!!!Voçe prefere e-mail ou mensagem privada? Tb não sei se o Doug se importa que falemos uma lingua diferente aqui...

Status
Not open for further replies.