Furloughs

Thunderbird718

I can say for 100% certainty that several of the new hires that were supposed to start the dx class at WN in April already quit their jobs before it was postponed indefinitely, and most airlines aren't letting them come back or keeping them on due to their own struggles. Alot of them had signed leases in Dallas as well by that point. It really is a very unfortunate situation, and the timing couldn't have been worse. Still WN tried their best to bring them in regardless up until Dallas issued the 'shelter in place' order.

Shock-Diamonds

Question: As far as 10% furlough for the loan option, does anyone know if that means 10% of employees total, or 10% of employees by job position?

av8or757

Question: As far as 10% furlough for the loan option, does anyone know if that means 10% of employees total, or 10% of employees by job position?

9/11 the cuts came from every department. Just depends on your department. But everyone got cuts. At the company I was with...whole departments were cut in corporate. I was at 5 months exactly on 9/11/01 in my particular area.

Just depends on how critical your position is to the need of the operation. Do they need a dispatcher or ticket agent more. And how many? Do I really need to pay out the nose for a director in IT or Finance or Supervisor in reservations ? This is where DOH means more than bidding schedules or vacation.

Looking back it made the eventual merger i went through less stressful.....

Last edited: