Furlough Estimates

Get-home-itis

B6 Alpa just announced an agreement w\the company for no involuntary pilot furloughs before May 2021. No details yet. Nice win for the pilot group.
Well, not to be a Debbie Downer, but if you tell me that nothing was given up for that, then it is a nice win. If something (or somethings) was conceded, then the jury is still out. The Top Men at SJI are currently holding over 2500 people hostage and they will certainly be watching other pilot groups as they assemble their demands for us

Baronman

Well, not to be a Debbie Downer, but if you tell me that nothing was given up for that, then it is a nice win. If something (or somethings) was conceded, then the jury is still out. The Top Men at SJI are currently holding over 2500 people hostage and they will certainly be watching other pilot groups as they assemble their demands for us
True....The same 200 guys the credit 180 hours a month might be looking at hard times ahead.....Pity.

amichael

Very kind of them to send this out 90 days prior instead of the required 60 days. I’m sure it has nothing to do ALV reduction they’re trying to force down the union’s throat.
View attachment 54255
A pixelated image of a letter is peak Delta IT.

As far as I'm aware, there is no defined obligation to check your company email, so does this really serve as proper written notice?

amichael

B6 Alpa just announced an agreement w\the company for no involuntary pilot furloughs before May 2021. No details yet. Nice win for the pilot group.
The JBMEC approved a LOA with changes to the work rules without putting it out to a vote?

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Evil Landlord Capitalist
I don't doubt that its allowed. It just seems like a consequential LOA for the pilot group to be kept in the dark on.
I agree. And that's why I put it in our policy manual that any changes to the CBA had to go to pilot group vote. But not every pilot group seems to care that much about it.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
I agree. And that's why I put it in our policy manual that any changes to the CBA had to go to pilot group vote. But not every pilot group seems to care that much about it.
That's also not always possible to do if there are time constraints involved. We did a few LOAs over here that modified the bidding timeframe and changed how some additional flying gets awarded. They were all for things that would be happening in a few days. If we'd had to go through memrat on them it would have taken several weeks.

There is something to be said for requiring a membership vote on items that effect pay or quality of life, but any CBA change is a bit hard to do.

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Evil Landlord Capitalist
That's also not always possible to do if there are time constraints involved. We did a few LOAs over here that modified the bidding timeframe and changed how some additional flying gets awarded. They were all for things that would be happening in a few days. If we'd had to go through memrat on them it would have taken several weeks.

There is something to be said for requiring a membership vote on items that effect pay or quality of life, but any CBA change is a bit hard to do.
I disagree, and we made it work for years. Does it make things more difficult? Yes. But I never felt comfortable amending the CBA without the people who voted to ratify it approving that change.