Furlough Calculator

Cherokee_Cruiser

*cannot emote without using a curse word* the most effed up thing to do short of being a scab. I’m sure there will be lists made and shame upon those that do. This is a fraternity and we have to look out for one another.
Spirit tried to make a list. It didn’t end well for them. The pilots on said list threatened a lawsuit for harassment.

Codify it in the contract. No premium pay may be offered in the event a pilot is furloughed. That’s one easy way to fix it. You’re not going to stop pilots from picking up open time. Have you seen LA CA April open time? It went from over 20 trips in open time down to about 5. Lotta CAs have been adding trips on the assumption that we are probably going to be grounded and not fly (and be pay protected for all trips). Or that trips and flights will cancel and will be pay protected.

One thing I’ve seen since 2007, short of crossing a picket line, guys will do what’s best for themselves and if that means picking up open time even if pilots are furloughed, THEY WILL. Downside of the seniority based pilot profession.

The only thing I see in our contract is that if a pilot is furloughed, remaining pilots cannot pick up open time on vacation days. That’s the only protection.

Last edited:

Box hauler

Somehow my shop is still running new hire classes and upgrades in April. I still plan on us furloughing but I’d be willing to drop to 50-55 hour guarantee to keep everyone on property. Currently at 52% so I am feeling fairly safe unless the company doesn’t make it.

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
Somehow my shop is still running new hire classes and upgrades in April. I still plan on us furloughing but I’d be willing to drop to 50-55 hour guarantee to keep everyone on property. Currently at 52% so I am feeling fairly safe unless the company doesn’t make it.
Has your shop discussed anything about being in the bail out? Are they receiving any funds from it or staying away from it? You're at NK, yeah? Have some good friends in sims there right now.

Eagle421flyer

Has your shop discussed anything about being in the bail out? Are they receiving any funds from it or staying away from it? You're at NK, yeah? Have some good friends in sims there right now.
Not really, we haven’t even really heard much from Management. The union did say they are meeting with the company to talk about furlough mitigation which is why currently running classes seems like a waste. I’m starting to be really happy my wife works at a different airline because at the end of all of this she is much more likely to have a job then I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk