Furlough Calculator

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
Hell if I know, but the union hasn't really communicated well with us either this past week. It's gonna get worse before it gets better. A friend of a friend who works in network planning said 79 planes to be grounded.
What airline do you work for??

ShortField

No one of consequence
Hell if I know, but the union hasn't really communicated well with us either this past week. It's gonna get worse before it gets better. A friend of a friend who works in network planning said 79 planes to be grounded.
I don’t think anyone has the answers we seek. Maybe the webcast will reveal something. I doubt it but maybe.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Are you on the email list? I’ve been getting daily emails from the MEC.

Skåning

What airline do you work for??
The eskimo one *cringe*

I don’t think anyone has the answers we seek. Maybe the webcast will reveal something. I doubt it but maybe.
Maybe, but like you I have my doubts

Are you on the email list? I’ve been getting daily emails from the MEC.
Yeah but not getting stuff daily, they're being left in the dark because they dont actually have any info other than echoing what management is saying.

BigZ

CommutAir furloughed 20%ish
Mesa too if the letter floating around isn't a fake, not sure how many

roundout

Bus Driver
Don't assume any management team has a plan right now. They may not be sharing any information because they don't have any, or what info they did have has changed 5 times since they decided on it.
This.

It must be difficult for management to come up with a reasonable plan when US policy is dictated by Fox News and the "deep state" and changes are announced on Twitter. Other than the pay, I wouldn't want to be a CEO right now.

Skåning

Don't assume any management team has a plan right now. They may not be sharing any information because they don't have any, or what info they did have has changed 5 times since they decided on it.
Yeah I guess I was being generous. Management didn’t have a plan when things were good, so why would they have one now.

BEEF SUPREME

Yet here they are parking planes and standing with arm outstretched asking for a hand out
It’s just a sign of the times. Everyone is going to have to make major sacrifices. I’m not quite 15% from the bottom and expect to be gone soon. Even with the bail out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skåning

It’s just a sign of the times. Everyone is going to have to make major sacrifices. I’m not quite 15% from the bottom and expect to be gone soon. Even with the bail out.
Yeah that blows. My absolute sympathies and I REALLY hope we don’t furlough. But the belief that AS was ever strong enough to weather a storm better than others has been a big fallacy promulgated by the pilot group and management.

Crash2438

The BK letter that the FAs got may have been a scare tactic.

We got an email saying something not too different from the company. It was basically a request to sign the A4A letter and send it to whatever govt official.

Oddly enough, it came from a company email address and was in my junk folder on my work email.

BEEF SUPREME

Yeah that blows. My absolute sympathies and I REALLY hope we don’t furlough. But the belief that AS was ever strong enough to weather a storm better than others has been a big fallacy promulgated by the pilot group and management.
I flew with a lot of the guys that were furloughed last time around. I listened closely to what they said. Apparently there was a lot of premium flown with guys on the street. I expect zero from this group and I’m planning on a long stay off property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skåning

I flew with a lot of the guys that were furloughed last time around. I listened closely to what they said. Apparently there was a lot of premium flown with guys on the street. I expect zero from this group and I’m planning on a long stay off property.
*cannot emote without using a curse word* the most effed up thing to do short of being a scab. I’m sure there will be lists made and shame upon those that do. This is a fraternity and we have to look out for one another.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
*cannot emote without using a curse word* the most effed up thing to do short of being a scab.
Your property is far from the only one where that happens. Our practice bid for April came out with a bunch of high flyers on it and the Facebook Torch and Pitchfork Committee started getting motivated. Should be one fun thing to watch in all of this mess.

Last edited:

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
I can tell you that at TWWA (if I am to believe the union webboard) dont give a $*** about the junior pilot.