Furlough Calculator

z987k

All I’m saying is, it’s pretty easy to enforce quarantine in a village of 400 people where the cultural memory of smallpox and other white-man-introduced diseases is still present.
Also not hard to do when the only way in and out realistically is via airplane. Just stop sending the planes. Which is sounds like is happening.

Native Villages can actually banish people (I think it’s only enforceable for tribal members), I don’t know how enforceable the governors mandate is, time will tell I guess. With the track this has taken in other countries I hope it doesn’t come to furloughs.
A lot of villages are only getting bypass/cargo planes right now.

BEEF SUPREME

Oh. We haven’t even announced what the voluntary leave options are. I think the full pension guys are gonna want to punch out early, other early retirements, paid voluntary leaves, and unpaid voluntary leaves. There seems to be interest in all those things. Lets start with that first. Hopefully there isn’t a need for an involuntary furlough.
I'm not trying to get anyone to feel sorry for me. This is way bigger than me. The economic fallout will last decades.

Skåning

If we had a proper flow with Horizon (with flow-backs) we’d all just go there as captains. Maybe a good cya for the next down turn to have that in the contract.

I'm not trying to get anyone to feel sorry for me. This is way bigger than me. The economic fallout will last decades.
I agree, it’s important what management is not saying right now and the silence is definitely concerning (my opinion). They are a weak group that has never been on the forefront of making decisions, completely reactionary and now is a time that that will cripple the company.

Eagle421flyer

If we had a proper flow with Horizon (with flow-backs) we’d all just go there as captains. Maybe a good cya for the next down turn to have that in the contract.

I agree, it’s important what management is not saying right now and the silence is definitely concerning (my opinion). They are a weak group that has never been on the forefront of making decisions, completely reactionary and now is a time that that will cripple the company.
So I’m not advocating for or against flow backs but here was my experience with them after 9/11. The CAL guys all flowed back and I got furloughed (which is fine I was jr such is life). However they cancelled the flow before I could flow UP to Continental, which sucked. Yes life isn’t fair and what not, but it use to bothered me that I got furloughed and never got to flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Skåning

So I’m not advocating for or against flow backs but here was my experience with them after 9/11. The CAL guys all flowed back and I got furloughed (which is fine I was jr such is life). However they cancelled the flow before I could flow UP to Continental, which sucked. Yes life isn’t fair and what not, but it use to bothered me that I got furloughed and never got to flow.

Yeah that's BS, I agree you should have had your number at CAL. Have a true flow through to reward those guys flying feed and then the flow back to protect mainline guys.

ShortField

No one of consequence
Yeah that's BS, I agree you should have had your number at CAL. Have a true flow through to reward those guys flying feed and then the flow back to protect mainline guys.
A flow back is definitely on my list now for if/when we start negotiations again. That would be better than flowing back to an excavator as I have planned now.

Skåning

A flow back is definitely on my list now for if/when we start negotiations again. That would be better than flowing back to an excavator as I have planned now.
How long have you been at the company?

FAs just got an email from their union that airline(s) may be filing BK in the next couple days, including ours.

Skåning

Why radio silence to the pilot group?

Hell if I know, but the union hasn't really communicated well with us either this past week. It's gonna get worse before it gets better. A friend of a friend who works in network planning said 79 planes to be grounded.

BEEF SUPREME

Hell if I know, but the union hasn't really communicated well with us either this past week. It's gonna get worse before it gets better. A friend of a friend who works in network planning said 79 planes to be grounded.
Do you know how many pilots are staffed per aircraft?

ShortField

No one of consequence
How long have you been at the company?

FAs just got an email from their union that airline(s) may be filing BK in the next couple days, including ours.
3 years.

That seems contrary to what we’ve been hearing from the company. Obviously they withhold some information but with the daily contact with ALPA I’d be surprised if that information wasn’t relayed to us already.

ShortField

No one of consequence
I’m in the van with 4 FAs who have zero comms or SA on a Bankruptcy

I feel like there’s a lot of misinformation being thrown around right now. I would tend to only listen to what comes from ALPA or directly from BT.

Edit to add: just got a notification for a webcast tomorrow.

Last edited:

BEEF SUPREME

I feel like there’s a lot of misinformation being thrown around right now. I would tend to only listen to what comes from ALPA or directly from BT.

Edit to add: just got a notification for a webcast tomorrow.
SEA base CP call postponed to Friday

Skåning

Obviously they withhold some information...
This is kinda the interesting part and I'm sure not unique to this company. There's definitely a lot going on behind the scenes and I'm not optimistic about it. In my short exposure to this new management group it seems like they are never really forthcoming with information to the employee group. It was hard to plan for the future six weeks ago with negotiations, fleet "plan", base closing, etc - now it's just an even more wild ride.