Furlough Calculator

ShortField

No one of consequence
Has this industry in any bail outs had the restrictions they are trying to place on the companies and how they use said bail out money? And after bail out money how many airlines have still gone on to furlough?

Just curiously asking because I don't know. Seems like it's going to piss off taxpayers off when airlines are bailed out then go onto furlough thousands (not just pilots but employees as a whole). I guess unless we are all heading to chp. 11 then anything is on the table, right?
My take (completely uneducated of course) is that the airlines can and have made promises not to furlough until later because they won’t really know what the market is going to do until September anyway (September is the cutoff that A4A offered). If it picks back up, cool no need to furlough, if not? Bye Felicia. Don’t call us, we’ll call you.

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
Has this industry in any bail outs had the restrictions they are trying to place on the companies and how they use said bail out money? And after bail out money how many airlines have still gone on to furlough?

Just curiously asking because I don't know. Seems like it's going to piss off taxpayers off when airlines are bailed out then go onto furlough thousands (not just pilots but employees as a whole). I guess unless we are all heading to chp. 11 then anything is on the table, right?
Both R and D bills have provisions to not lay-off workers I believe. Those provisions weren’t around before which is why they are in there now. On previous bail outs, the trickle down never trickle down and people were furloughed.

jtrain609

Uniting the black vote.
Sooooooo. I gave it a listen and well. I'm not feeling reassured at all. Look I volunteer for the union. I want things to go well here. Right now I'm a "rah rah yay" person. However I spent a lot of time on reserve flying with captains that spent a lot of time off property during the furlough(s) that happened at our shop. I listened to them. The biggest issue I heard was that pilots were picking up premium while pilots were on furlough. I'm not happy to say it, but unless there is a rule to stop people from doing this, it will only happen again. I'm 13% from the bottom and I'm basically already out the door. I've really enjoyed my time here. It was fun flying the 737. I hope I get to do it again some day.
Don't bounce until they kick you out. Keeping that number is going to be valuable long term.

Ya, I heard 60+ from all 3 companies?
I haven’t heard what the Ravn/Hageland side has done, I know they were desperate for pilots before so hopefully they don’t have to lay anyone off.
edit: I just heard they let people go, no offers of leave or reduced schedules. They laid off 36 Hagey pilots and half of the Corvus pilots.
edit 2: now I’m hearing only 7 Corvus pilots so I don’t know the extant, but it is serious.

Last edited:

z987k

I think many have. Governor just mandated 14 day quarantine for those coming in from out of state.
Pretty sure there's no authority to do that, but sure. I bet, much like California's it's a very strong suggestion, please do the right thing.

I haven’t heard what the Ravn/Hageland side has done, I know they were desperate for pilots before so hopefully they don’t have to lay anyone off.
edit: I just heard they let people go, no offers of leave or reduced schedules. They laid off 36 Hagey pilots and half of the Corvus pilots.
edit 2: now I’m hearing only 7 Corvus pilots so I don’t know the extant, but it is serious.
Ya, good friend was one from Ravn, he said 8 from Ravn, 19 at PennAir and it's just the first round. He sent me the letter, it didn't sound like a furlough either, more like a "bye", don't call us. Non-union and all.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Pretty sure there's no authority to do that, but sure. I bet, much like California's it's a very strong suggestion, please do the right thing.

Ya, good friend was one from Ravn, he said 8 from Ravn, 19 at PennAir and it's just the first round. He sent me the letter, it didn't sound like a furlough either, more like a "bye", don't call us. Non-union and all.
Pretty sure breaking quarantine in a native village right now would not work our very well, regardless of how legally binding or not the governors order is. Some things are not very many generations ago....

z987k

Pretty sure breaking quarantine in a native village right now would not work our very well, regardless of how legally binding or not the governors order is. Some things are not very many generations ago....
There's no real law in most of them regardless, so I'm not sure how any of that matters.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Sooooooo. I gave it a listen and well. I'm not feeling reassured at all. Look I volunteer for the union. I want things to go well here. Right now I'm a "rah rah yay" person. However I spent a lot of time on reserve flying with captains that spent a lot of time off property during the furlough(s) that happened at our shop. I listened to them. The biggest issue I heard was that pilots were picking up premium while pilots were on furlough. I'm not happy to say it, but unless there is a rule to stop people from doing this, it will only happen again. I'm 13% from the bottom and I'm basically already out the door. I've really enjoyed my time here. It was fun flying the 737. I hope I get to do it again some day.
Where is this, UAL? Involuntary furloughs official? :eek:

BigZ

Eskimo. We are parking 30 airplanes. I’m 13% from the bottom.

The writing is on the wall. See you in the bread line.

Fingers crossed for garlic bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope it blows over and you are not F'd.
If you are, however, what's the plan?

Cherokee_Cruiser

Eskimo. We are parking 30 airplanes. I’m 13% from the bottom.

The writing is on the wall. See you in the bread line.

Fingers crossed for garlic bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh. We haven’t even announced what the voluntary leave options are. I think the full pension guys are gonna want to punch out early, other early retirements, paid voluntary leaves, and unpaid voluntary leaves. There seems to be interest in all those things. Lets start with that first. Hopefully there isn’t a need for an involuntary furlough.